Author Topic: I Just Got Off The Phone With John Hotchkis Owner Of Hotchkis Sport Suspensions  (Read 3953 times)

Wreckless Warren

• View Profile
I posted this on the FORDFE.COM site but I wanted to get the word out to as many as possible, Jay I hope you understand. If you wantto participate please go to the other Forum so I can get it back to John with one link.  Jay I want to provide him with a link to your site so he can see how serious we are about the Ford FE engine.  I truely believe this was an eye opener that could jead to so really neat parts for our cars.  Jay please let me know if that is ok. This is what I posted on the FORDFE Forum.

I just got off the phone with John Hotchkis, owner of Hotchkis Sport Suspensions, we talked almost a half an hour. At the end of the call he was very excited about our conversation and that there is a big enough market for the prototype parts they made for Jay Leno’s 7 Litre.

I told him about our Forum dedicated to the Ford FE and the cars they came in.  I also made him aware that while there are growing sources to make big reliable Ford FE power, we do not have sources to readily bring the level of the suspension, steering and brakes up to the power levels we can generate.

He wanted to know about the Comet, I told him the 65 and earlier Comets shared the Mustang platform but the 66-67 Comet and Fairlanes are very popular because they are big blocks. I made him aware that the 65-67 Galaxies/Mercury’s  and 66-67 Fairlane’s/Comet’s are difficult cars to restore and modify  due to a lack of aftermarket support especially in the areas noted.

He wanted production numbers and I will provide them with some of my literature. I made him aware of the rebirth of the FE engine and the growing numbers of aftermarket parts.  I also made him aware of Barry and Survival Motorsports and his new cylinder heads.

When I send him the production information I want to link this thread so If you want to tell John about your car and the suspension pieces you would like to see him make this is your shot.  I also am going to link Barry and Jay Brown site as well as Brent at B2 and POP.  This is the real deal, the more we talked the more questions he asked.  His team recently met on this and didn’t think there was enough of a market yet. I told him we understood they needed to be able to sell enough to make it profitable. His reply was yes but we want to service the market as well.

This does not mean the parts will be available next week or next month, they currently have new projects in the pipeline. But I think we have a good shot at getting our stuff in there as well.

The focus of our talk was the 65-67 Galaxie/Mercury and 66-67 Fairlane/Comet.  So take the time to talk about your car, add some pic’s and again let John know what you need.  ww

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Sounds OK to me, Warren.  The more people making FE related parts, the better as far as I'm concerned...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Marx427

• View Profile
I just saw Leno's video the other day and emailed Hotchkis and received a reply that they ARE going into production on those parts.....so I am definitely hoping to purchase the front end pieces  for my 65 Galaxie. 
 There are high performance rear control control arms and panard rods from a couple suppliers  already available ,  so if Hotchkis could concentrate on the front end parts first it'll get us on the road sooner.

I'm sure 1960 to 64 Galaxie owners would also appreciate a modern suspension.
1965 427 Galaxie 500 (Clone) 468ci 4 Speed