Author Topic: Flathead  (Read 2509 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Flathead
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2021, 08:30:44 PM »
the
Just curious, Doug but, did you look at the pictures on the Reds Header site?

Frank, yes I did. I can see the basic architecture looks the same, so I presume the rotating assy, heads, intake and exhaust can be used. I'd think a billet cam would be mandatory for any performance use, because I'd venture to say performance cams for those blocks are non-existent.
Doug
That went wrong ::) It is a foregin language for me to...much foregin ;D The french Civilian FH have an angle drive in front for the distributor just like later US version both the big one 105 hp and the  65-82 hp  60 hp based ones. i think the Military version have one to. It is the governor
that is driven at the rear from the oilpump drive. Internals is much Like the US version The german FH have rear distributor wich years i dont know and when they made the last FH. Germany made the Model B engine G28T uptill 58 i think. A lot of them used as marine engines around here. Last ones was installes in Clas combines. Insert bearings and full pressure oiling

Then we have the brittish Flathead V8 that is a US 1937 85hp version 21 bolts pumps in block and a 60 hp version in a body that
resembles a 36 ford but nothing is the same made up in the 50s as Ford pilot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Pilot

I have a universal carrier engine (Canadian 39 version but the war engines have fullflow oilfilters, oilcooler and PCV)   at the machine
 shop right now going in to a 36 sedan my father have

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it