Author Topic: Another classic car collection auction near me this weekend  (Read 1355 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Another classic car collection auction near me this weekend
« on: October 20, 2020, 08:17:22 AM »
Personal collection of over 140 cars. A little of everything. Soooo, what do you think a pretty much all original, rust free '32 Ford five window coupe will go for?
 https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/ford/unspecified/2422322.html

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: Another classic car collection auction near me this weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:44:33 AM »
I have no idea what it'll sell for, but I'm interested in seeing the outcome.

I recently went to the Ford Flathead Museum in Indiana a couple weeks ago. They have a lot of really cool and beautifully restored cars, but the one that grabbed my attention the most was this 100% original 1930 Model A.

I fell in love with that car, and I'd seriously consider selling several of my vehicles to own it, but it wasn't for sale. There's just something very cool about a 90 year old Model A that has never been touched, painted or messed with. I suppose the '32 would be considered more valuable, but I wouldn't think by much considering the condition of both.

And just to throw this out there in the "there's nothing new under the sun" category, think high swirl heads are something new tech and "modern"? Think again....

High port heads, high swirl combustion chambers, roller lifters, multi-strap plugs etc etc. They've all been around for longer than anyone here has been alive. And we think we're so darn smart these days with computer design, etc.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Re: Another classic car collection auction near me this weekend
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 05:52:00 PM »
Here is a link to the auction if anyone is interested in seeing what the cars go for...or bid on if you like. They allow online bidding. As of the time I write this the '32 Ford coupe is at $32,000(!) and the actual auction doesn't start until tomorrow! I did go look at them today and they are all in decent shape but all have sat for a long time and are listed in non running condition. So if they have sat in unheated storage for all these years cracked blocks could be a real possibility.

https://vanderbrinkauction.proxibid.com/VanDerBrink-Auctions-LLC/Approx-140-Collector-Cars-and-Parts/event-catalog/178346?p=4&sort=5&srchloc=true&fbclid=IwAR2soepMspZMwo7kZPlpmqAN0cIglwyQZ2J4kw5Mj9mybVgDr3i2gJcnRbc#15///endingsoonest//all/0/178346/1/