Author Topic: David Kee Transmissions  (Read 1817 times)

hotrodford

• View Profile
David Kee Transmissions
« on: August 21, 2020, 09:37:08 PM »
Has anyone been successful in contacting David Kee this year?  Had wanted to order a transmission back in January but no luck in making contact either by phone or email.  Left my contact information, both by phone and email, but no reply.  Finally decided to put together a transmission using the David Kee cases but the link for a maincase has not been active for several months now.  Again I left contact info by phone and email but no reply. 

Not my desired direction to go but as a last resort has anyone used the Chinese aluminum maincase that can comment on the "quality"?

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: David Kee Transmissions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 07:52:07 AM »
I bought parts from him a few months ago. We just used the website, they showed up pretty quickly
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 10:22:04 AM »
I gave up on trying to get ahold of Kee's

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 10:37:01 AM »
If you are just looking for repair parts, these guys are good

https://www.transmissionpartsdistributors.com/

I doubt they'd have an alum case though
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

rockhouse66

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 04:36:31 PM »
The ability to contact David Kee seems to ebb and flow.  You could try Dan Williams and see what he has.  Be prepared for a long conversation.
Jim

hotrodford

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 06:51:15 PM »
Appreciate the replys. 

Have talked with Dan in the past. Does take a while to complete an order but he does answer the phone, calls folks back and gives good service.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 09:54:39 PM »
+3 on Dan Williams's
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 09:36:16 AM »
Yup, Dan is a talker!!  Always an hour on the phone no matter what you need to buy.  I used to buy parts from him regularly 20 yrs ago.

I met Dan and Dave at the Columbus swap meet some years back.  The old FE Forum had a get together and we all went out to eat.  Dave even bought all the dinners!
Larry

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2020, 09:39:21 AM »
It seems to me that David regulates his workload with his phone. We tried to get a hold of him on and off for 6 months, then one time I called expecting to get voicemail again, he picked up, and I ordered 2 transmissions. He's very good to work with.....once you can get through to him.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 02:18:57 PM »
Yup, Dan is a talker!!  Always an hour on the phone no matter what you need to buy.  I used to buy parts from him regularly 20 yrs ago.

I met Dan and Dave at the Columbus swap meet some years back.  The old FE Forum had a get together and we all went out to eat.  Dave even bought all the dinners!

Yeah, I was there. Very nice of him to buy dinners for everyone. Then we all went out for a couple drinks. I remember he had a trailer FULL of transmissions to take back to Texas. That was the first time I met David and Larry, but I can't remember who else was there.

Over the years, I've dealt with both Dan and David. They're both really good people, so I would go with the one you can get ahold of, and not worry about which one.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe