Author Topic: ROADKILLS GALAXIE  (Read 2816 times)

fryedaddy

• View Profile
ROADKILLS GALAXIE
« on: August 06, 2020, 12:46:24 PM »
Did anyone see the roadkill episode where they are supposedly rescuing a early 60s galaxie 390 4 speed car .they are really making the fe look bad.they got the car running and took right off in it without checking everything they should.they got down the road a ways and it overheated,they did not tighten the bottom rad hose and lost all there water.they got it going again and drove it till it gave out.then they bought another 390 and started it with no oil pressure and they ruined that motor too.it makes me wish i could give them a free  good 390 and help get it running without instant failure. this episode is hard to watch if you are a true fe fan.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

turbohunter

• View Profile
Re: ROADKILLS GALAXIE
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 01:24:13 PM »
I felt the same way.
They purposely don’t do it right for entertaining breakdowns. More proof that my business is void of morals.
Just wish they’d chose something other than a great car. As I watched that I felt like getting hold of them in order to buy it.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 02:34:38 PM »
   Stupid is as stupid does. I have little respect for Frieberger.

DubyaTF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 03:21:44 PM »
   I think it just shows how non-Ford they are. They hit the easy button with a Ford crate motor for the Ranchero and the Mustang Fastback. I don't recall any other Ford action beyond those two projects so the rest were mopar or the other brand.
Jeff

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 04:20:13 PM »
That was a stupid show and I normally like Roadkill....they should have looked to see if it had an oil pump drive shaft in it.  If it was missing, I doubt that motor was already junk, they could have fished one in and got it running.  FB was clearnly tired and done and started the "we ruined this one" chant

However, even the one that was in it before the swap, if they pulled the valve covers, cleaned the returns and put a set of pushrods in it, it likely would have kept going. 

I hope that car got some love somewhere, road worthy original 4 speed 2 door car, not a lot of them left
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 08:12:45 PM »
the hotrod garage guys built that 66 f100 on a police car chassis and did good on it.i wish they could have gotten that gal. they would have made a real hotrod out of it.
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 09:42:20 AM »
      People who choose to put themselves in front of the public and being irresponsible is a shame. A low riding "hopper" on dirt roads? They're like the real life Beavis and Butthead of the automotive scene. Take your engineless  jet boat to the lake and swap in the engine out of the tow vehicle and then back in? Sure they did it but why? Just to say they could? Rube Goldberg meets David Frieberger and Mike Finnigan. What's next a V8 in a golf cart because it already has a 9" Ford diff in it? ( Older Taylor/Dunn carts used the 9")
    Hot Rod Garage is a bit more practical and their builds are far less dangerous to the vehicle occupants.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 01:18:43 PM by gt350hr »

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 10:11:30 AM »
they made the 390 look like one of those engines that wont take any kind of abuse,when it couldnt be any further from the truth.390s are one of the most dependable engines i know of.a friend of mine had a 390 built at the local machine shop,that was ran by a ford guy.he thrashed on that 66 cyclone for years.im talking about him getting beered up every weekend and running the piss out of it.he got sick and died but his cyclone is still sitting at his house for the last 15 years.i bet i could get it going again and drive it alot further than they did. if you have noticed when they work on mopars they take their time and try to do it right.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 10:16:01 AM by fryedaddy »

Val406

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 12:39:24 PM »
Truly garbage TV. Must've felt real good to trash the "auto shop" rebuild while ignoring the absolute beginner step of priming the motor. Fake and stupid.

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 01:18:04 PM »
i use to set my cable box to record roadkill hoping to see a fe episode. after this i realize i have been wasting my time

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 01:25:53 PM »
  I began tuning out when Frieburger did the oil pan test on a BBC. He figured out the oil level was too high and into the spinning crank. DUH So he starts removing oil and the power goes up DUH #2. So he takes out more oil and the power goes up again. Hey why not run it with NO oil and see how much power you gain? Rename the show to Two DUMBA$$ES Garage to be more correct.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 02:41:12 PM »
They purposely don’t do it right for entertaining breakdowns. More proof that my business is void of morals.

Nobody wants to watch a show with no "drama".(except me)   More then once(when I used to watch it), did they make the comment (paraphrased)"That was lame" because they made something that lasted the whole trip without issue.  I frequent Youtube for interesting channels of car stuff.  Many I just can't stomach because they just do stupid chit for the hallobit.  Really playing down to people with any kind of common sense.  It's boring and I turn it off.  I've seen a real downturn in the last 6 months and I'm finding it hard to watch Youtube like I used to(to get away from stupid chit on regular TV).
Larry

1964Fastback

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 03:00:17 PM »
It's OT so I'll keep it brief but you might check out the movie Idiocracy, a comedy by Mike Judge, coincidentally the same guy that did Beavis and Butt-Head.  The whole movie is great with average guy Luke Wilson waking up 500 years in the future from a suspended animation experiment, and discovering he's now the smartest person in America.  Even just the first 5-10 minutes of the movie where it shows reverse evolution.

Pat
1964 Galaxie 500 2 dr Fastback, 390, 4 speed, Indianapolis Indiana

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 04:11:03 PM »
    After I watched Idiocracy I kept giving everybody the finger and drank allot of Gatorade . Nobody appreciated it. What a bunch of dumba$$es!