Author Topic: Does anyone have experience with upholstery from Dearborn Classics?  (Read 1859 times)

Val406

• View Profile
I remember reading that SMS auto interiors had a 19% off sale due to Covid. I called them and got a quote for $849.00 for a 1963 Galaxie 500 front bench in vinyl. Today I looked at Dearborn Classics site and they want $364.49 for the same seat cover. Can the SMS seat be twice as good, and then some, than the DC product? Just wondering. Thanks, Val.

SMA390

• View Profile
Nice ..Poly Maroon paint ?  I would be interested in the replies ..one of these days I need to get a new headliner in my 66 galaxie.. I'm waiting for my rich aunt to get out of the poor house so I can afford it

RJP

• View Profile
I've have 2 Fairlanes, a 66 and a 67 and I used the Dearborn Classic/Mac's seat kits. Material quality is pretty decent and IMO good value for the $$$.  I did not do the instillation, had both professionally done so I can't comment on ease of installation.   As for SMS a good friend has been waiting for 18 months for his door panel pieces to arrive...he gets the run-around when he calls and yes, he has pre-paid in full for the kit.

Lowrider

• View Profile
From what I understand SMS supplies most all the upholstery material for the different outlets. I ordered a complete interior from LaBaron Bonney for my 61 Starliner. Waited over a year because they get their material from SMS. Finally chose a different grain (like most people could even tell) for it. Had everything shipped to me within 10 days.

gregaba

• View Profile
Bought some door panels for my 71 Ranchero from Dearborne but that was before Ecklers bought them out and decided to make a profit from shipping charges.
SMS is the only place i know of that has original nos material.
Greg

428kidd

• View Profile
I used the Dearborn classics kit in my 69 Ranchero, very nice looking. Only issue I had was in the corners the stitching started to come out. I had to take the seat out a second time and remove the cover to have a local guy redo that. All and all for the money not bad on stuff that is available. SMS is the only game in town when it comes to stuff not available.

CDXXVII

• View Profile
Hi Val,

Distinctive Industries makes the interiors for Eklers/Dearborn and others.
If you are near Santa Fe Springs you can drive down there and check them out for yourself.

http://distinctiveindustries.com/where-to-buy

TomP

• View Profile
I got the Distinctive Ind. door panels for my 62 Ranchero, they look good. Bought them at Summit of all places. When I had my 61 Meteor wagon I inquired to SMS about the material for the front seat.... I guess they heard the word Meteor as "Bugatti" because the price quote would have doubled the cost of my car.