Author Topic: POP and others  (Read 3339 times)

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
POP and others
« on: April 27, 2020, 06:12:04 PM »
I have to say it's rare in this day and age that not only is this forum extremely helpful without most of the usual interwebs nonsense, but that everyone on here has been excellent to deal with. So far I have not had a single bad experience.

Late last week I ordered some parts from POP at about 3am and screwed up the order. Most vendors would just have shipped whatever came up on the order, but I got a phone call letting me know I screwed up and confirming what I really wanted shipped (I did not really need enough center stands to do more than 2 heads......).

Similar experiences with all the other vendors and individuals I've done business with here and it sure is a nice change from the average modern buying experience.

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: POP and others
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2020, 06:41:23 PM »
I do a lot of business with Doug and he is top notch.  Good guy.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 06:52:58 PM »
I'd like to add that I have bought and sold lots of new and used second hand parts from lots of guys here and never had a problem with getting paid or getting the parts in a timely manner. 
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

T U Bar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 10:16:41 PM »
This has been a month or so, but my highly anticipated package showed up from POP a little light courtesy of UPS.  I’m sure Doug (like Brent and others) got tired of hearing my voice, but he made it right and I had the remaining parts to my builder within a week.  And all of that anodized blue looks pretty cool on top of those heads.....Thanks Doug!
Doug

‘65 Fastback Mustang
‘66 Fairlane GT

Cyclone03

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 05:39:55 PM »
Rockers,End Stands,Shafts, pushrods ,oil pump all from POP zero negative issues.
Same can be said of Barry ,heads intake.
Brent . Cam,lifters,push rods...
I too have never had a negative experience or unresolved issue.
Lance H

1967FEGT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 12:44:06 AM »
Many of us have been dealing with Doug and Dennis while they were part of FPP. Ron sadly did many people in but Doug and Dennis have always been stand-up people to deal with.  I have the complete POP valvetrain with the exception of pushrods, which are ISKY 3/8" units. The anodized blue sadly is hidden under the 427 aluminum valve covers.
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 08:16:55 AM »
Doug is absolutely the equal to hitting the "easy button"

Every build I have done recently has used his parts, and he has even bailed me out with some oddball things I needed too.  Good guy to work with
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

T U Bar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 09:05:51 AM »
Add Jay to my list.  His “scratch and dent” valve covers are now covering the POP blue.  Great product and a great transaction.  Thanks Jay!
Doug

‘65 Fastback Mustang
‘66 Fairlane GT