Author Topic: My first F.E. assembly  (Read 1705 times)

475fetoploader

• View Profile
My first F.E. assembly
« on: April 10, 2020, 10:49:05 PM »
So when I was 21, I was building a 390 for my 75 F250 factory hiboy.  I was a proud arrogant 21 year old, that was sure he knew lots of things. I was working at a Diesel shop where I rebuilt diesel fuel injection components, and I had free run of our complete engine machine shop. With some help of the many machinists we had, hard seats new guides, bore hone surface, everything but a balance job was very inexpensive, so we could have very quality work on even basic rebuilds. So I was assembling a very nice fresh 390 block at my dad’s shop. I had the heads on, ready to set the intake, all warm and fuzzy cause my truck was gonna breathe fire that weekend.  My dad walks up with a can of Raineer in hand, casually says: Cam plugs in backwards, and walks away. Now I was building big block chevys for bracket racers much older than me. I had put my nova in the low 10s.  I looked at my buddy and said what’s wrong with my old man?  The next afternoon, I decided my dad new more about cam plugs on fords than I did, while I watched the oil run out the inspection cover of my NP435. So valuable lesson learned, the hard way.
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

T U Bar

• View Profile
Re: My first F.E. assembly
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2020, 11:26:46 PM »
Raaiinneerr beeeeerrrrrr!  Best commercials growing up in the NW
Doug

‘65 Fastback Mustang
‘66 Fairlane GT

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 11:53:48 PM »
Whereabouts did you grow up?
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

T U Bar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2020, 06:45:26 AM »
NW Montana
Doug

‘65 Fastback Mustang
‘66 Fairlane GT

427mach1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2020, 06:56:39 AM »
I remember he Rainier Brewery, I think it was just off of I-5 in Seattle.  Are they still in business?

badcatt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 11:02:15 AM »
I remember he Rainier Brewery, I think it was just off of I-5 in Seattle.  Are they still in business?
It was brewed in Seattle and next to I-5 south of downtown. The building is still there, a few years ago the big Red R was put back up on the building. The Beer is no longer brewed in Seattle.It's still on gregory(or liquor) store shelves and brewed in Irwindale, California.

mike7570

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2020, 03:59:21 PM »
It was brewed in Seattle and next to I-5 south of downtown. The building is still there, a few years ago the big Red R was put back up on the building. The Beer is no longer brewed in Seattle.It's still on gregory(or liquor) store shelves and brewed in Irwindale, California.

Ah, right on the sight of my first drag strip, Irwindale raceway. I lived about 15 min. away.
So it’s being brewed by Miller/Coors?