Author Topic: Bore scope for my cell phone recomendation  (Read 1203 times)

GJCAT427

• View Profile
Bore scope for my cell phone recomendation
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:36:04 AM »
What are you guys using for a bore scope? I want to get into the sparkkpugs and down the intake and in through the oil pan plug to check out one of my engines. The phone is a Motorola Moto Z. I had a cheapy HB freight and it gave up after a yr.

kraut61

• View Profile
Re: Bore scope for my cell phone recomendation
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 09:41:25 AM »
 I looked several years ago for the same thing and the issue I had was finding one to fit the USB-C port on our Motorola Z phone. I am sure they are available now but have not purchased one yet. There are lots to chose from on Amazon. Be aware of camera diameter, number of lights, cable length and flexibility. Also look at IR attachments. We used a Flir that went into a Apple phone at work that was incredible....but it was a FLIR I'm sure it was $$$.

gregaba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
I use one I bought at Lowes.
They work great and I think I paid $80.00 for it. Have been using it for 3 years with no problem.
Greg

wowens

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2020, 05:21:13 PM »
Don't buy a short focus unit, they won't see anything out over a couple of inches. Longer focus units will see up close but can also see the whole cylinder.
Woody

64PI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »
DEPSTECH Wireless Endoscope, IP67 Waterproof WiFi Borescope

This is what i use. Amazon has them for $36. I’ve had no issues with it and it works surprisingly well. I used it to look for an internal oil leak in my engine. Stuck it through the distributor hole while spinning the oil pump with a drill. The camera was not bothered by the oil.

Fred

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 08:40:24 AM »
I use a wifi Endoscope I found on Amazon, seems to work well.  Your quest then will be finding the right app to run the endoscope.  Some work, some don't.