Author Topic: 1st person Coronavirus account from a drag racing on-line site:  (Read 3768 times)

wowens

• View Profile
Re: 1st person account from a drag racing on-line site:
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 08:40:19 AM »
TTT
Woody

475fetoploader

• View Profile
Re: 1st person account from a drag racing on-line site:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 01:53:35 AM »
Wow, thanks for posting that. Scary be careful everyone
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
Re: 1st person Coronavirus account from a drag racing on-line site:
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
Being in one of the "more likely' groups and taking an ACE inhibitor which currently in the "unknown interaction" category with COVID - I'm basically a hermit.  Extremely fortunate to be able to do 90%+ of my job from remote.  Zoom meetings, VPN, desk cam - all that good stuff.  Being married to a germaphobe also helps LOL.  Mama is doing all the feed runs and everything coming in gets wiped down.  We're also home schooling a 3rd grader part of the week that moves between two houses, so that's a pretty good size "hole in the firewall" and we're trying to be extra careful with that. 

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 04:38:23 PM »
   I believe some of us contracted it at the PRI show , or on a plane back to California with numerous attendees on it. There was a lady two rows in front of me coughing allot. Three of us from my company , several from Scat and some others all got hit. I was feeling odd the next day and it knocked me down all through the Christmas holiday , through January and into February. Looking at the symptoms from those currently infected , it sounds the same. It is BAD but survivable if you hit it right away with cold/ flu medication.
   Randy

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 05:56:15 PM »
Randy -

Funny you should say that.  Wifey and I got knocked on our butts in February with just about the worst thing ever.  It was after we went to to a concert.

I haven't felt so bad since I got pneumonia 30 years ago.  It took weeks to (somewhat) recover, though I still get tired easily and still have a bit of "glass in the lungs" feeling.  We look at each other and wonder "what if???"

The numbers would likely be shocking if they did more testing  :o :o
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 07:49:52 PM »
I live on Long Island and in the yard that I work in theres about 100 guys. Little by slowly the guys that go out in the field are being quarantined. Me being in fleet have to quarantine there vehicles and get a company to come and clean them. Today one of the mechanics that I work closely with said over the weekend he started getting a sore throat. He called Health services and they told him to go home till someone gets in touch with him. At that time he will call me and let me know what they say. Its funny I also thought that they were making a big deal about this up until the last couple of weeks. We have about 1000 deaths so far and they say its gone get worse over the next couple of weeks. My wife is also a clean freek so that might help me. My daughter is working in a local hospital and she is on the corona virus floor, I say floor but that was a week and a half ago now she says 75 percent of the hospital is the corona virus. They have brought 18 wheeler refrigerated cars to the back of the hospitals in the area for dead bodies. Well everybody its no joke, I worry about my daughter at work and some of you guys know my wifes lungs are compromised from her broncial tubes collapsing so if she gets it that wouldnt be good. Think about how fast germ warfare could spread without us knowing!! BE SAFE OUT THERE

FElony

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2020, 08:27:01 PM »
So, the CDC estimates that between 29,000 and 59,000 deaths from NON-Corona influenza have occurred so far this season. So someone please tell me how the 2000 or so deaths attributed to COVID-19 are overwhelming the hospital system, piling up dead bodies everywhere you look, stacking them like cord wood at the cemeteries, etc. Why am I the only person that smells a rat here?

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:34 PM »
Here’s an interesting tidbit. Overall weekly non Corona deaths in the US are down by 7,000 to 10,000.
Nobody is out driving to fast, felonizing, and otherwise being stupid.
Don’t know if it’s true but I read it on the net so it must be. :)
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

FElony

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2020, 08:50:50 PM »
Here’s an interesting tidbit. Overall weekly non Corona deaths in the US are down by 7,000 to 10,000.
Nobody is out driving to fast, felonizing, and otherwise being stupid.
Don’t know if it’s true but I read it on the net so it must be. :)

Yes, I read the same basic thing, and it makes sense. Also, the spread of non-Covid is decreased by our social distancing and whatnot. (Concealed carry without permit where I live. Someone near you coughs, empty your mag and go buy a cheezburgr). Personally, I think the hype insures that certain factions make obscene windfalls. Follow the money. By now, we should understand how the system works.

However, less FElonizing bothers me on a personal basis. What can I say; I'm biased.

C8OZ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2020, 09:33:31 PM »
The flu deaths have been spread over the entire country through several months, not compressed into the current COVID "hot spots" often doubling within a few days. And the 3000 deaths aren't currently as overwhelming as those hospitalized within the 160000 confirmed cases, again mostly in more densely populated areas.

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »
Health care system is optimized around a roughly assumed volume of patience and illnesses, based on history.  This deal is additive to anything else they have going on - its like adding nitrous with adding any extra fuel delivery capability - the system goes "lean" and stuff beaks.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:46 AM »
>Funny you should say that.  Wifey and I got knocked on our butts in February with just about the worst thing ever.

I had the flu back in February and it was the worst probably since I was a teenager.  Was out a full week with 4 full days couch to bed and back.  The crazy thing with that is that we kept one of the grandkids with flu back in December and both of us took Tamaflu while he was here.  No problems.  Then in February, I get a hug from my older grandson and the next day he's down with flu and the day after I get run over by the same truck.  WTF.  Looks like here we'll be home bound at least through end of April.  Our area is just now seeing case counts start go up. 

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 11:12:36 AM »
I work for a mechanical contracting company, we have been receiving a windfall of work. FEMA and the Corps of Engineers are turning hotel rooms into temporary care units. It should be pretty quick work, I thought it was a savvy idea.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 11:30:29 AM »
"I don't understand how McDonalds can sell 2 billion hamburgers per year, but when I order 10,000 at the drive through it clogs up the entire system!"

There, I used cheeseburgers for easier comprehension.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 12:09:59 PM by Drew Pojedinec »