Author Topic: Doug, Do you know you are a movie star?  (Read 1438 times)

Heo

• View Profile

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Re: Doug, Do you know you are a movie star?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 04:26:30 PM »
Reading the YouTube comments there’s lots of debate about which 7 engines they picked, and those they didn’t. But there’s no debate about Doug's Mustang deserving to be there.  :D
Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 04:54:40 PM »
Umm, no, Heo. I had no idea that video existed. I'm not sure how I feel about them using parts of my videos. No harm done, I guess. At least they actually got it right, because it is a 427, and all Ford.

It made me laugh about all the comments on the 300 I6. I wasn't sure how many people liked that engine, but IMO, it is probably the most dependable engine they every made, except for possibly the 7.3 Diesel. But I think they were after more sporty engines.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 05:03:30 PM »
Umm, no, Heo. I had no idea that video existed. I'm not sure how I feel about them using parts of my videos. No harm done, I guess. At least they actually got it right, because it is a 427, and all Ford.

It made me laugh about all the comments on the 300 I6. I wasn't sure how many people liked that engine, but IMO, it is probably the most dependable engine they every made, except for possibly the 7.3 Diesel. But I think they were after more sporty engines.

I just stumbled on that video was looking on some video about Kaase and this came up next. So i thought
i could see it and then ...hmmm recognice  that car and the cabover in the background. I saw it was your
video so i tell you

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

FElony

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 01:42:43 AM »
Hey, lookie how Doug casually obliterates the posted speed limit!! Good thing he did this across the Mexican border so the Yankee Polizei can't touch him!!

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 12:56:09 AM »
Yes our Doug is no scofflaw... "closed course , professional driver, do not attempt this at home".
I think the 289's they chose were obnoxious sounding rather than good, but certainly those engines are right up there for "greatest".

sixty9cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 11:52:17 AM »
That last video is mine from 10 yrs ago.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 12:12:59 PM »
Yes our Doug is no scofflaw... "closed course , professional driver, do not attempt this at home".
I think the 289's they chose were obnoxious sounding rather than good, but certainly those engines are right up there for "greatest".

I don't know about the professional part, but as for the "no scofflaw"....since that was not a question, it doesn't require a response (or denial).

The common thread on that video is that it starts and ends with an FE. As all things should.  :)

So there are 2 forum members on there, both with FE's. That's cool.
I have to say, that guy with the Boss 9 sure isn't afraid to let it rip!
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FElony

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »

Yep, I remember that one!