Author Topic: gatornationals  (Read 1010 times)

gdaddy01

• View Profile
gatornationals
« on: March 12, 2020, 11:22:33 PM »
NHRA postpones most of Gatornationals due to coronavirus
motorsport.com   
David Malsher-Lopez
motorsport.com12 March 2020
The sportsman categories in the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals will complete competition this weekend in Gainesville but without ticketed spectators.

However according to an NHRA statement, “In accordance with the recommendation of the Florida governor, NHRA officials are postponing … Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, Pro Stock Motorcycle, Pro Mod, Factory Stock Showdown, Top Fuel Harley, Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car."

These categories will compete at a later date, still to be determined. Current tickets will be honored at the rescheduled event or ticketholders may opt to use their tickets as a credit toward the 2021 Gatornationals.

Regarding the remainder of the 24-event season, NHRA says it “will determine next steps for moving forward as additional information becomes available. We appreciate the patience of our competitors and fans.”

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
Re: gatornationals
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 08:56:53 AM »
This really sucks. We are here at the track and in the middle of qualifying they make this  announcement !   Still s lot of people here.   And now we eat out $400 camping spot for the week. The news people have blown this way out of  proportion  NOT A HAPPY CAMPER
BP 520 ci BBM Twin turbo FAST EFI

John67427

• View Profile
Re: gatornationals
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 09:57:40 AM »
I agree, the news needs to find something else to talk about! They have literally bred this into an epidemic. There have been so many more virus and bacterial infections traveling around that were probably more deadly and not a word other than someone with very bad health conditions passed away from. This is doing more damage than 9/11 ( other than the victims :( ) and nothing happened.
  Sorry, for the people there and the race is canceled.... was always one of my favorite races of the year when I went.