Author Topic: Wolf?  (Read 3189 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Wolf?
« on: March 03, 2020, 05:29:48 PM »
Was a nice sunny day today, -10 Celsius but above 0 Celsius in the sun.
So me and the wife went out for a walk with the dogs on the ice.
When i noticed some really big tracks  5 feet long steps  That's a
god damned big dog i thought ??? on closer inspection and tracking for a while
I'm not so sure it was a dog

Between my hand and the big track is a track after some ordinary Moose/ Bird dog And i dont have small hands i think size 11-12 on the gloves

about 5 feet between left and right frontpaw tracks,  ???

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Re: Wolf?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 06:19:48 PM »
Olaf the Sasquatch  :o :o
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

428 GALAXIE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 06:28:36 PM »
My neighbor has chihuahua that leaves that kind traces.

I don't know shit but pretty sure that's no wolf.

Wolverine?
Mikko

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 07:29:16 PM »
Kangaroos, you have those there don't you?

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:43:31 PM »
Bear!?

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »
My neighbor has chihuahua that leaves that kind traces.

I don't know shit but pretty sure that's no wolf.

Wolverine?

What the hell do you feed your chihuahuas in Finland :o Must be some Russian special dog feed ;D ;D
No Wolverine some dog animal. Irl when you saw the track up close
it was clear it was a dog animal. Those "wider tracks in lower picture is from both
rear paws together it had made a wide turn there in high speed
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 08:09:49 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 07:57:12 PM »
Kangaroos, you have those there don't you?

;D ;D

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
Bear!?
The bear we have here leave much bigger tracks and they is past their bedtime with about
5 months. But we found fresh beartracks a few hundred yards away along the shore on the first snow
when i was 9-10 years nobody believed us till we caried home a paw inprint to the village
Afriend father came with his jack russel terrier to inspect the terrier put his tail between the legs and
run home when he felt the scent ;D

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »
Olaf the Sasquatch  :o :o

Well this summer i found bare foot tracks in the mud along this shoreline that was.....about four inches longer than mine
So not exactly bigfoot calibre but...Teenage bigfoot maybe ;D
And he had sunken much deeper than me in the mud so we taking at least 300 pounds,   He had followed a Deer along the shore.
Deer tracks vanished out in the water and so did his. So i back tracked him to see where he had landed with his boat.....No he came from the forrest ??? I live in a small village where i know everyone no man in that size here no one that walks barefoot in the forrest except my dad,me, and my sons. ??? So what the h... was going on there, and the dear tracks was a few hours fresh because my dogs started tracking it. There is a lot of mysterious disappearances of people they never had found around here. They found the backpack of one about half a mile away this Summer i think it was. The police helicopter started hovering over and around my hose one night so thought that was me they was after :o ;D But it was the backpack owner that vanished a few years ago they was looking for.
Not easy to get lost either you got the river the highway  a few miles inland the old higway, lot of logging roads so it takes
expert skills to get lost

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 09:20:48 PM »
Heo, it was Loki back in wolf form!  ;)
Bob Maag

chris401

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2020, 09:38:04 PM »
Looks like wolf toes to me. Looks like it was scratching the snow tracking a scent. Some 25 years back there was an Alaskan Timber Wolf (Alaskan something of a long name) wandering around Freestone, Texas down the road from my parents.  He stayed by Salem Cemetery by the tracks and creek. I do not remember it being a problem but it was eventually captured. It was thought to have escaped from captivity but was never claimed. The closest my brother got was when he crossed the railroad tracks. My brother said he was staring at trying to figure out what kind of calf he was till the wolf looked his way. The truck didn't bother the wolf much as he turned and walked down the tracks.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 09:44:29 PM »
Heo, it was Loki back in wolf form!  ;)

Well that's not a good sign :o The Ragnarök is acoming. Where is the dwarf blacksmiths when you need them ???

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 10:05:52 PM »
Looks like wolf toes to me. Looks like it was scratching the snow tracking a scent. Some 25 years back there was an Alaskan Timber Wolf (Alaskan something of a long name) wandering around Freestone, Texas down the road from my parents.  He stayed by Salem Cemetery by the tracks and creek. I do not remember it being a problem but it was eventually captured. It was thought to have escaped from captivity but was never claimed. The closest my brother got was when he crossed the railroad tracks. My brother said he was staring at trying to figure out what kind of calf he was till the wolf looked his way. The truck didn't bother the wolf much as he turned and walked down the tracks.

IRL you could se the paw with the toes clearly the intensive sunligth and white snow made the pics come out this way. tried to take pic of a better print but the wifes rugrats came running curious what i found and destroyed it before i was able to take a pick. The tracks was coming from the other side of the river as loong as i could see. I tracked it for a while and found a snowmobile without lisence plates in the bushes along the shore probably stolen inspected it and took pics and walked home and called the cops to let them know

428 GALAXIE

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2020, 05:38:51 AM »
I'm no hunter or any expert of animal traces.
Upper picture maybe lower impossible say I would need more perspective.
I have seen wolf traces once couple years back (those that I'm sure)
Spring time I get fooled by the sun it melts animal traces and they seem bigger what they were.Doesnt seem to be the case here.

Mikko

HarleyJack17

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2020, 08:42:37 AM »
Hard to tell from the pictures but "normally" dogs and bears will leave claw type marks since they have fixed nails. Cats will normally just leave pad marks.
I would say small bear or wolf. Wolfs tend to gallop/trot if covering distance, bears normally don't run unless chasing preyd or scared....Again, cold for a bear but that does not always mean they won't get out...maybe it's internal clock or temp gauge is wrong.....my money is on a wolf though.