Author Topic: Clutch master cylinder.  (Read 1790 times)

Chrisss31

• View Profile
Clutch master cylinder.
« on: February 24, 2020, 02:14:04 PM »
I've decided to go with a hydraulic throw out bearing in my 66 Mustang project.  Has anyone come up with a clever way to rig up the master cylinder on the pedal assembly inside the car?  I'm just not crazy about putting it on the firewall next to the brake master cylinder.

Chrisss31

• View Profile
Re: Clutch master cylinder.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 08:31:35 PM »

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 11:19:03 PM »
If you get it let us know how it works.
I didn’t answer your post because I had no idea. I hung mine on the firewall.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 03:30:18 AM »
Mal Wood is based in Queensland, Australia, and has a really good reputation in doing transmission conversions. I spoke to him about doing a T56 Magnum conversion in my ‘63 Galaxie, but decided to stay with the Toploader. All the info and pictures he sent me looked good, and he gets a lot of good reviews.

Chrisss31

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 09:18:29 AM »
If you get it let us know how it works.

Will do!  The pedal assembly is really tight to the firewall so there is not much room down there.  I see they put that funky whoop in the pedal lever to make up the extra space.  It looks well made/well thought out.  I'll let you guys know.

I put a strut frontend in the car to make room for the FE.  It's made by another Australian company RRS, their stuff is very nice too.  Australia a strict standard of testing and certification to make any modification to a vehicle.  Everything has to be engineered and independently tested so it's very time consuming and expensive to get a new product to market in Australia.  Probably keeps the standards high.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »
Luckily for some of us  ::) we don’t have to get our engineering checked out here in the states. Although it’s coming soon. There was a recent crash of a rebuilt Cuda with a celebrity in it. The highway patrol was all over it taking info for future legislation.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 01:12:58 PM »
Luckily for some of us  ::) we don’t have to get our engineering checked out here in the states. Although it’s coming soon. There was a recent crash of a rebuilt Cuda with a celebrity in it. The highway patrol was all over it taking info for future legislation.

If so, they should solely look at the rat rod folks as from some I've seen, they are poorly though-out rolling death traps and a hazard to most! 
Bob Maag

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 01:47:55 PM »
Agree Bob.
 Although I do respect SOME of the engineering I see (mostly the well known guys like Troy) I honestly don’t know how you drive some of those deals.
And like you say many are sketchy at best. Hopefully those are “Concept” cars not for a lot of street driving.

Sorry for the hijack
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:50:59 PM by turbohunter »
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428