Author Topic: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI reviews  (Read 1169 times)

64PI

• View Profile
Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI reviews
« on: February 04, 2020, 11:20:24 AM »
I know there have been a couple topics in the past about this set up. Does anyone experience and some miles on this EFI set up? I'm building a 406 for my '86 F-150 that I daily drive in the summer. The truck was originally a 351 with a carb. I've been running the truck now with a tired old 352 that I put in last spring. The truck has dual tanks so I would like to use the Edelbrock EFI sump that mounts under the hood and uses your low pressure mechanical pump. Any input is appreciated..

Fred

My427stang

• View Profile
Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI reviews
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 02:55:30 PM »
Fred, no driving experience yet, but a couple things

1 - The intake is real sloppy without a port match, not a necessity, but I wouldn't skip it
2 - You are on your own with pump and lines, although I see you have a plan for it
3 - I always choose to weld in another bung for the temp sensor to allow the use of the stock gauge.  Cheap and easy and allows you to keep your heater as well.  Some guys move the gauge sender to the thermostat housing, but I just don't love it being on that side of the thermostat

I have been working on everyone elses toys, but plan to have mine on the road this spring
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

64PI

• View Profile
Re: Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI reviews
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 05:54:37 AM »
I figured the intake would need the normal out of the box work to make fit. I'm going to do a little more digging and research before I pull the trigger on this one. Price wise it seems about right for everything that you get with it.