Author Topic: Edelbrock Pro Ports, Pond Alum High Risers, BBM, many other options.....  (Read 4206 times)

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
*We just received a fresh pallet of Pro Ports to start the new year.  There are MANY options on these.....valve sizes, intake ports, exhaust ports, and chamber volumes.  From stock Medium Riser location flanges to super radical Medium and even High Riser intake port configurations and relocated exhaust ports that come with flanges included.  I guarantee we can create the best currently available wedge FE heads for any application from the Pro Port casting platform, and our plethra of proven programs.  Efficient chambers that only require low 30s for total timing, and chamber volume options from 80cc to 58cc without excessive milling from Edelbrock as-shipped deck demensions.

*Pond Medium and High Riser heads are coming through.  Several options on these heads.  I designed the intake port on the new High Riser heads, and they have a very good exhaust port that Robert used from his Medium Riser aluminum heads.

*BBM heads, also several options.  I have an affordable new cnc chamber program for these that really improves the 0-.450 lift flow, and also a new cnc intake program for 2.220 valves that is average 25 cfm better than the as-cast heads.  The as-cast BBM chamber is very efficient, and the exhaust ports are also very good.   BBMs with the cnc chamber and intake port, with a hand cleanup in the exhaust are a great bang for the buck if Pro Ports are out of your budget.

*We also have cnc iron "EMC heads",  Trick Flow with upgrades, anything Edelbrock at great prices, and also work on any OE iron heads, Blue Thunder, or any FE wedge or SOHC castings.

We have a second seat and guide machine in the pipeline.....planning to expand our capability on FE cylinder heads in the new year.

If interested in heads or head work, please email to captcj at Hughes dot net.  We can establish a communication line and discuss your needs/options.

Thanks very much!

BP
Blair Patrick

e philpott

• View Profile
Re: Edelbrock Pro Ports, Pond Alum High Risers, BBM, many other options.....
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 10:17:29 PM »
What can you tell us about the new High Riser heads , chamber options , valve spacing and flow ? Sounds really interesting

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 11:08:47 PM »
Only one chamber, similar to the OEM right now, but possibly could see a different one later. Standard MR/HR valve spacing.  I have the prototype flow numbers, which are very good, but I want to flow the actual casting before I spew out info that might not be correct.  I sent one to NHRA to try to get approval for Stock, but it had to go, and I didn't have time to put a fancy valve job on there and flow it with a good valve.  When I get some more from Robert we'll do some testing of the as-cast piece with my prep on it.  If it is as good as the test ports, it will be pretty darn good.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:57:53 AM by CaptCobrajet »
Blair Patrick

475fetoploader

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 12:33:05 AM »
  Ok so I haven't completed assembling my current project.  Its a 428 block, 4.155 bore, 4.375 rpm crankshaft. I have diamond dish pistons, and a lumpy solid flat tappet.  something in the 10.8:1 roughly with say a 70cc chamber.  I have a set of Edelbrock of the shelf rpm heads, ready to install. However, I am curious about the trick flow stuff, and I am curious about the Pro Ports you speak of.  Can you give me your opinion on a great cylinder head? I have a bbm tunnel wedge that will get 2 fitech throttle bodies.  I'm not sold on the flat tappet, It may very well turn into a solid roller.  Thanks for any thoughts you have, I may be interested in purchasing something, vs running the off the shelf Edelbrock stuff.
1967  Fairlane Tunnel Wedge on Proports.
1975 4x4 461 f.e. 4speed Dual Quads on 38’s
Love many, Trust few. Always paddle your own canoe.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 02:19:39 AM »
It sounds like you have intentions of running pump gas based on the compression ratio target.   The "Street" Pro Port that I have is the best head that I know of for the cost, that retains a Medium Riser port location, in the .600 lift neighborhood, give or take .100 of lift, for street, and even some racing applications.  It costs more than a TFS or a BBM with my cnc mods, but it is better.  Better port mechanics, better intake flow, better exhaust flow, and a nicer chamber.  The TFS is not bad, but the exhaust flow isn't stellar, the rocker pads are .200 taller, and there are no inserts in the exhaust bolt holes.  The BBM is a better quality head than the TFS, with time serts in all of the bolt holes.  It has better exhaust flow than the TFS, and with cnc chamber mods and the right prep, it is nearly equal to the TFS intake flow, with a better chamber, and no rocker pad issues.  The TFS or BBM with  upgrades specific to each, are both pretty good performers.  We have options for both of those.  There are cases where one of those might be the best option for a given set of goals. The Street Pro Ports have extensive long term research and periodic upgrades, and are better, if you are willing to spend a little more.  They come to me bare, with no ports, no chambers, no seats or guides.  We finish the castings to order.  There is about $1000 difference between a tuned up pair of TFS or BBM and a Street Pro Port tailored to your application.  The difference in performance varies with engine size and camshaft.  I could write a book here, as this is a deep subject........if you want to contact me at: captcj at hughes dot net, I can answer in greater detail and give you some suggestions based on your intentions and goals.
Blair Patrick

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 11:35:18 PM »
Any flow numbers on the new High Riser heads you can share yet ?

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 09:02:53 PM »
Any flow numbers on the new High Riser heads you can share yet ?

We're getting ready to do a few sets.  I have my prototype numbers, but would rather reference the actual castings.  Numbers depend on valve, prep, and machine/methods used to test, so "flow numbers" is a fairly broad term.  Safe to say that these are pretty darn good heads, and have much potential.  I plan to offer some cnc ported versions for big roller cams and big inches.  Should be pretty cool.....
Blair Patrick

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2020, 11:30:49 PM »
Do the new High Riser heads still have HR rocker pad or will it be a low riser pad ? Any flow numbers available yet ?

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
All High Riser dems on valve cover rail and rocker pad.  I'm working on some race stuff for a few people that has to be ready for the season, but when that is over, I am going to do some more research on the new HR head.
Blair Patrick