Author Topic: Effin' snow overnight already in Chicago! Time to put the Mustangs to sleep...  (Read 1913 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
for Winter.  :( :( :(

Very odd to wake up to 2.5+" this a.m. and it's not even Halloween yet.

Bob Maag

gregaba

• View Profile
I hate winter. In the western part of Oklahoma we had 13 inch's of snow the day before yesterday. It was about 80 miles away from us.
We just had some ice but it is to early for this crap.
Greg

67428GT500

• View Profile
I'm waiting for the climate alarmist to start screaming about global warming.. lol  The harsh wet winter was already in the Almanac.   We're headed back into the cold cycle, just like we were in the 70's when they were predicting a new ice age. 
I will get less weekend use now as well here in NE Texas.  It's going to be 32 here tonight.  I guess we're actually going to see winter weather here this year.

-Keith

Heo

• View Profile
No snow for me yet here in north east Sweden down at the coast. Below frezing for a while now. The river is frozen ower
Waiting for the Alternator i ordered for the daily driver from Germany. So i have to drive the Galaxie. The forecast says 1 inch
snow tonight but they have been wrong before

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

gdaddy01

• View Profile
keep that salt off the 64

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
We've been snow-free so far in the Minneapolis area, which is surprising based on the fact that we are North of most of the rest of the US, and a bunch of areas further South have gotten snow already.  Took my 68 Mustang out for a little drive on Saturday  ;D  Should get a few more drives in before the snow flies...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

plovett

It is snowing (lightly) in Kansas City.  I don't think I will have too many trick-or-treaters tomorrow.   

paulie

67428GT500

• View Profile
Heo:
I will be flying the KDFW- ARN run in January.   It'll definitely be a change of venue for me. 
                                                                                   -Keith

Heo

• View Profile
Heo:
I will be flying the KDFW- ARN run in January.   It'll definitely be a change of venue for me. 
                                                                                   -Keith
Then you hit the darkest coldest time of year :D. Actualy end of January can be real
nice when you know the days getting longer  LLA is the closest airport to me, 50 miles

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

shady

• View Profile
low 60s today. Monday it was in the low 70s. I need this to hold out until thanksgiving.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

plovett

We've been snow-free so far in the Minneapolis area, which is surprising based on the fact that we are North of most of the rest of the US, and a bunch of areas further South have gotten snow already.  Took my 68 Mustang out for a little drive on Saturday  ;D  Should get a few more drives in before the snow flies...

Super cold air makes for a lot of power on old hotrods, in my experience.  Jetted for it, of course.  My best times have been with the air in the 40's. Of course the other side of the coin is that cold surfaces makes traction more of a problem.  In one case mph goes up (COLD) and in the other (HOT) ET might go down.   I'd take my chances with the cold air.   I have to tell you that driving an old musclecar in high 30 degree temps to high 40 degree temps is very satisfying.

JMO,

paulie