Author Topic: Holman and moody ad  (Read 5221 times)

gt350hr

• View Profile
Re: Holman and moody ad
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2019, 11:23:13 AM »
   I have video of the R.E.D. making a pass with my partner driving so I could see what the car / engine was doing. "Maybe" some day I'll get it converted over and post the video. Don't hold your breath though.
    Randy

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 12:33:47 PM »
Would be cool!  :)
Bob Maag

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 12:49:02 PM »
Randy which one of those handsome devils is you?

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 01:09:52 PM »
  Lance ,
      That's me on the right leaning on my '66 GT350 which I still own . On the left ( my right) is Lee Hunter (rip) the owner of the Mustang II pro stocker. Lee and I were good friends while he ran pro stock. When I built a super comp Mustang II , I painted it similar to Lee's as a tribute to my friend. Add a 50lb "dunlop" to that picture and change the hair color to gray and that's me now. LOL. The GT350 is back to it's original white paint now , and I still bracket race it.
    Randy

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 10:02:00 PM »
Randy that's cool man , great story! I always love hearing your stories and first hand info!

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2019, 11:23:51 AM »
 Thanks Lance,
       I was VERY fortunate to be friends with many big name Ford factory racers. I had a voracious appetite for information from the guys who "got the good stuff" that I couldn't afford. I owe most of my accumulated knowledge to Guys like Tommy Grove , Dyno Don , Earl Wade and others who must have seen some potential in me early on. Working in the performance aftermarket in later years has been equally rewarding as I look back on it.
    Randy

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2019, 08:39:26 AM »
Randy , when guys like those you just mentioned think you have "potential" then it must be true! What a great time it must have been to hang out with those guys! All I can say is in my book they where correct. You have always been great and generous in your efforts to help people like me with info and to pick your brain, thanks Randy!

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2019, 02:58:27 PM »
Yes, very cool indeed.  Is that Lee Hunter Mustang II still around?

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 12:17:53 PM »
   TomP,
       A friend who has Lee's Zephyr ( which followed the Mustang II) tracked it to Ohio where it was being raced in Super Gas. Past history of the car was Lee bought it from Johnny Dowey , who bought it from Glidden who didn't race it much before selling it. I can't remember which chassis builder it was from , Hardy or Willie Rells.
  Randy