Author Topic: SOLD - BT HR heads, Hogan manifold, valvetrain package  (Read 3257 times)

ToddK

• View Profile
SOLD - BT HR heads, Hogan manifold, valvetrain package
« on: October 24, 2019, 02:13:46 AM »
For sale is a race top end package consisting of Blue Thunder High Riser heads, Hogan custom intake manifold, T&D custom race rocker set, Crower solid roller lifters and Swartz offset distributor. These parts are all designed to work together, and all have only seen about 20 minutes run time on an engine dyno. The block I was using with this engine cracked at that point, no damage occurred to any other engine parts. I have decided to go a different path with my race engine, and no longer have a use for these parts. As the parts are all designed and matched to work together, I would prefer to sell it all as a package.

The heads are BT High Risers with the 428 valve spacing. They have been CNC ported, and were purchased new from Survival Motorsport. They have 72cc chambers, 2.25" intake and 1.72" exhaust valves. The valves are titanium and the valve seats are non-beryllium copper. The rocker pads have been machined to suit a T&D race rocker mount. PAC 1246 triple valve springs, Ti retainers and locks included. These are some of the best flowing wedge heads available, and aren't currently available new. The bare heads cost me over $4000 new.

The T&D race rocker set is designed to work specifically with the BT HR heads, and uses offset intake and exhaust rocker arms. The ratio on all rockers is 1.76.

Also to suit the heads is a set of Crower Enduramax solid roller lifters with the Hippo pin oiling and offset seats.

The Hogan 2x4 tunnel ram intake manifold was made specifically to match the intake ports of these heads. It doesn't include the water crossover, but does have water outlets plumbed at each corner of the manifold. This cost over $4000 new.

The below picture shows the port alignment.

While the intake does have a relief in the plenum to clear a distributor, I also have a Swartz offset distributor. It uses an MSD cap, has a bronze drive gear and a spare belt drive to go with it.

As I already mentioned, I would prefer to sell all these parts as a matched package. As such, I am asking $8000 for everything listed above. That is way below the cost of all the components new, let alone all the machine work that has gone into them.

I am in Australia, but would be willing to work with anyone interested in this package on a shipping deal. If interested, either PM me or email me on toddkeen65 at gmail dot com

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:25:44 AM by ToddK »

plovett

Re: BT HR heads, Hogan manifold, valvetrain package
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 08:45:35 AM »
I can't buy them, but those are super cool parts.   Daaaaaaamn!

paulie

64PI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »
Out of my price range but way cool stuff! I'm interested to know what kind of power it was making when the block gave up.

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
The engine had only been idling and had only done a few low rpm pulls to bed in the rings when a bottom end noise was heard. Hadn’t even started doing power runs, which is a real shame as it sounded so good. But I now have another engine for my race car, which should be up and running in the next few months.

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 06:10:19 AM »
Did you abandon the FE
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2019, 07:32:24 AM »
Did you abandon the FE
Definitely not! I have another FE wedge engine going in my ‘64 Fairlane, and still have the SOHC in my ‘63 Galaxie.

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 02:03:37 AM »
Bump, and price drop to $7000. Plus, I will cover any shipping cost over $500.

rowdy58ford

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 02:35:05 PM »
 What did the heads flow? Had to ask as I run a AA/S thunder bolt blair P motor and run a 519ci cammer in a 63 notch back drag car hasn't made it to the strip

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 05:19:38 PM »
The heads flowed 375/260 at 0.800” with 2.19”/1.72” stainless steel valves when I first got them. Since then, I have had the Ti 2.25”/1.72” valves fitted, but haven’t had the heads flowed in this configuration.

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 07:18:06 PM »
Another bump, and deal sweetener. Price is now $7500, including shipping, and I will throw in a complete Danny Bee belt drive timing set and pair of Quickfuel 850dp tunnel ram carbs with all linkages and fuel lines to suit.

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 07:19:45 PM »
Whatta crappy time to be poor.