Author Topic: The chebbie guys never fail to deliver  (Read 1398 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
The chebbie guys never fail to deliver
« on: September 30, 2019, 08:32:38 AM »
Saturday I went to an auction near my home town. It was a fairly large collection of old chevie cars and parts with a lot of it being 55-7 and old factory hi-po parts. I had absolutely no interest in any of the stuff but I figured I would see a lot of old friends there and my buddy and his brother would be there too.  Since it was a 400 mile round trip I thought this would be a good opportunity to drive the old ’67 F250 over there just for fun and to see how it AND I would hold up. When I arrived there was a pretty good crowd there already. It was out in the country and they had a pasture set aside for parking but I didn’t want to risk getting blocked in so I parked along the lane leading up to the place and near the road. As I was hoping there were several guys there I had went to school with and I had a thoroughly good time.  Lots of old brand X stuff to look at. While I don’t want to own any of it I do like to look at the parts and cars being the gear head that I am. Anyway, as I was got back to my truck I noticed someone had thrown their trash into the bed of my old truck. It was the empty bud light 24 pack box. I looked at that and thought I guess I  should have expected nothing less from a bunch chebbie guys. There are always a certain percent of these guys who have no respect for anything if it ain’t a chebbie. I figured I had one of the few Ford trucks there and for sure the only old Ford there and where I parked they had to make an effort to walk over there to throw their trash in it.   >:(

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: The chebbie guys never fail to deliver
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 10:23:45 AM »
Theres always an ass in every crowd. Had a couple of chevy guys looking at my car and one of them said (not a bad car if it wasnt puke green). At least they didnt mess the car up.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »
An open pickup bed is par on course for anyone's trash.  Been there, always have a tarp on my trucks!

But, on the "chevy guy" mentality:   An evening last week, a couple came to look at the house across the street that was for sale.  I was out in the garage, so they wandered over to ask what I knew about the property.  We spoke briefly, then he asked what was under the cover?  He says "Chevelle"?  (what else?).    I reply..."Um, no a Galaxie".  "Oh, okay, by the tail lights I wasn't sure".  Ya, okay.   Yes, he was a chevy guy as I found out with more conversation.  Wasn't a bad guy, but instead of just asking what was there, why does it ALWAYS have to be a freak'n Chevy as a first guess?

It's one of those lightweight blue covers, so it's very sheer and not hard to figure out what it is.  But I digress.
Larry

TomP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 01:05:08 PM »
The combination of Chevy guy and Bud Light drinker is a stereotype redneck. So was this auction one where rusted to pieces six cylinder, four door 55 Chevys were going for fifty grand because they are low miles?

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 01:19:36 PM »
Larry they couldnt see that it was a wagon. Even under a light car cover they should be able to get that.

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
Around here I'm  one of the few driving a Ford. Last week i was out in the
driveway putting down stakes for plowing this winter. out on the main road
a Audi stopped and came up the driveway it was an old friend we went to
highschool together. He has a 65 Impala, he saw the Galaxie and said i heard
you built a new engine what you got there? Ooo just a blueprinted Police 390
nothing special we talked for a while he had the Impala at the third shop to
change the rear gear. Two first made the axle howl Second shop was going to
build his 468 nothing happened in a year so now he  was waiting for the third
shop.....The two first shops brag about they would no touch a Ford, Haaah I
would not let them ::)
He asked if i could start the Galaxie so he could hear it running
I told him jump in and we take a ride . First thing he said, woow so quiet it is
inside compared to the Impala. Next he was impressed by the handling and brakes
said i had run of the road with the Impala three times allready, and the engine
it just pulls like a freight train smooth and effortless. I told him to buy a Ford then
you will have a wounderfull life you to ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 05:05:52 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 08:50:23 PM »
Larry they couldnt see that it was a wagon. Even under a light car cover they should be able to get that.

Actually is was my 2 door.   The wagon doesn't have a cover for it.  The paint is not really worthy of that kind of protection LOL!!
Larry