Author Topic: 1969 Torino with 428 project.  (Read 1496 times)

fescj428

• View Profile
1969 Torino with 428 project.
« on: August 26, 2019, 02:01:21 PM »
Hello everyone, I am selling my 69 Torino formal roof project with 428 engine. The body of this car is basically a rolling shell with little interior. It will need work, rust/dent repair, but certainly not bad for being 50 years old. The hood and fenders are rustfree but have many dents. I have the lower dash ( a/c style), the standard cluster, a very nice dash pad, and the a/c evaporator/heater box. I also have all of the glass which is in good condition less windshield. The car does have a 9 inch rear with 2.75 gears.

The engine is a "faux" 428SCJ that I had built several years ago. It has never been run, just stored appropriately. The transmission is a FE C6 out of a 68 Galaxie XL. This transmission was rebuilt in the mid 90's and still shifts and drives fine. Low miles since rebuild. I have many extra parts, 428 radiator mounts, 428 engine mounts, correct trans mount, correct shift bell crank for C6 Torino with column shift. More extra parts.

I am listing the car here first. The FE power forum has been a wealth of info for me, and all of the members have treated me very well! Life has changed for me recently and my health is not what it used to be, thus my decision to sell. I didn't want to write a book about this car for this listing. If someone is interested, please call or text and I would be glad to fill in the blanks. I am not super happy about selling this project, but it is time for me to do this. Life moves on! Thx! $12K. Brian. 614-563-4311

fescj428

• View Profile
Re: 1969 Torino with 428 project.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 02:40:39 PM »
Ok, I am willing to separate the 428 engine from the Fairlane. This is mostly related to space constraints. I'll give a good description of engine, and we can go from there.

I had a 428 engine built to SCJ specs for a 69 Mach 1 project that I no longer have. We used a 428 service block bored .030 over. New Scat crank, original Lemans rods, Probe 10-1 forged pistons. Heads are C6AE-R with appropriate clean up/porting and 2.09/1.66 stainless valves with hardened exhaust seats. Milodon deep sump ( Ford SS style ) oil pan and Melling pump. Comp cams XE274 cam, Holley street Dominator intake, 780 Holley ( true 3310-1 ) carb. Autolite distributor with Pertronix 1. Rebuilt water pump and rebuilt alt, 2 groove crank, alt, and water pump pulleys. Original chrome power by Ford valve covers, SCJ crank counterweight and SCJ oil cooler adaptor, 289 hipo style air cleaner. It is currently set up for C6 trans with balanced flex plate. Engine looks very much like a 68 W code Cougar 427. This engine has never been fired, stored correctly. It is not numbers matching to anything. I will include a running C6 trans. Feel free to ask questions and or request pictures. $8000, lets talk. Thx, Brian

fescj428

• View Profile
Re: 1969 Torino with 428 project.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »
I realized that I never did give a price for Torino body separate from engine and trans. Actually, I will address both the Torino body and engine price wise. On the body, I would be asking $2500 which includes a bunch of parts. On the engine I would be asking $7000. Nice project car, nice engine. I need this project car and engine gone due to garage space issues. So, having said that, I am open minded in terms of making a deal. I am very good with reasonable offers. Feel free to get in touch with me anytime, and we can go from there. Clear Ohio title on Torino and everything is located in central Ohio area. Thanks! Brian