Author Topic: Track time...finally  (Read 1170 times)

AlanCasida

• View Profile
Track time...finally
« on: July 14, 2019, 12:49:30 PM »
After 12 yrs of working on my '65 Mustang I finally got to take it to the track Friday night. I went down to Tulsa for their Friday night T&T. My first and foremost concern was how it was going to drive. I am happy to say it launched, drove and stopped straight. I made 5 passes and my best time was 11.64@117.  My 60ft times were bad. On that pass I had a 1.73. It was spinning pretty good. I didn't get to do much tuning though, only timing. I brought my jet kit with me but was for the 1050 I had on my 521 and the jets were all way too big. On my first three passes my mph was off, only around 109 and the car would fall off noticeably in high gear. I made a timing change and on my last two passes my 60ft were slower but my mph picked up to 116 & 117 but my et remained the same. I am currently running 9x28 slicks so before I go out again I am going to put slicks off my galaxie on it, they are 10.5x28. Hopefully that will help my 60ft. I also found out my line loc is not working and neither does my shift light. I don't know how high I revved it my first two passes but it is still in one piece! I can hear the solenoid click on the line loc but it doesn't hold so I'll need to fix that too.  The car seems pretty consistent. Every pass, except for the first one, were all within a few hundredths of each other. All in all I had a blast though. I can tell you now that Alan likes the trans brake...a lot!!       

Stangman

• View Profile
Re: Track time...finally
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 08:14:20 PM »
Glad everything worked out besides the traction. What suspension are you running/shocks?. I’m gonna have to go back and find engine combo, stick or automatic. As long as you had a good time.
Congrats!!!!.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:21:24 PM by Stangman »