Author Topic: Factory adj valve train with hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifters  (Read 1173 times)

Sand hauler

• View Profile
Can I use standard length ball / cup pushrods with the OEM adj rockers on a .500 lift hyd flat tappet cam and lifters ? Will the comp cams 7530 push rod be okay or should I just plan on getting custom pushrods?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 08:24:09 PM by Sand hauler »
Bobby-   Carlsbad, NM

GerryP

• View Profile
Re: Factory adj valve train with hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifters
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 08:35:41 PM »
Yes.  No problems.

Rocker geometry is a function of the rocker shaft location.  Usually, the only time you have to pay attention to pushrod length is when you are using a lifter with a different set height, such as in a solid cam when going from a regular solid lifter to shell lifter with the pushrod seat substantially lower in the lifter body.  You can also run into pushrod length issues when using smallblock Ford lifters in place of FE lifters.  SBF lifters are .125" taller.  This doesn't affect geometry but it does affect optimal location of the pushrod tip to rocker intersection angle and could also hit the rocker body in some situations.

Sand hauler

• View Profile
Re: Factory adj valve train with hydraulic flat tappet cam and lifters
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:11:38 PM »
Thanks,I thought that it would be okay, however I always like to get second opinion's from those of y'all who are much more learned .  :)
Bobby-   Carlsbad, NM