Author Topic: procomp parts  (Read 4287 times)

matt souders

• View Profile
procomp parts
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Just wondering if any one has any experience using procomp parts. I was thinking of using there ignition box and roller rockers for a mild fe build. It will have a comps 294s cam. Thanks for the input.

Kerry j

• View Profile
Re: procomp parts
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
The rockers are junk; lots of guys tried them most have broken rockers to show for it. I dunno about the ignition parts. I tired a set of small block head studs and they seem OK. I've not heard of anyone who used and liked the rockers.

matt souders

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
I figured as much the price seemed to good to be a good product. Just thought I would ask around before making any final decisions.

ToddK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 05:41:57 PM »
I've had experience with Procomp electronics, specifically an ignition box and tachometer. Both didn't work, brand new out of the box. Procomp = junk.

68cjMustang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 12:58:36 PM »
I couldn't resist buying those awfuly cheap rockers on Ebay :-)
They needed alot of work but sofar i have used them for two seasons now with a 294S in a 428cj..without issues..
I had to mill the stands to center the rockers over the valves and add extra shims.Also the stand where the oil feeds the shaft was way too tight same with the hole in the axle..
As delivered they would have failed right away in my opinion..
I also "grooved" the bottom holes on the shafts,and also grooved inside of rockers to make sure oil goes to pushrod cup, and seems like adjuster are low quality but i have had no issues so far..
/Stefan
681/2cj GT Mustang
69 mach1cj
68 Fairlane  427

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 01:06:56 PM »
Then you are one lucky guy 68cjmustang!

Hey, I've no dog in this hunt but across a wide spectrum of websites I follow, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, general magazine and engine builder sites, there is almost universal consensus:

ProComp stuff is junk! 

And that's as mild as a statement as I can make as I'm grateful to the many pro engine builders across that Web spectrum who advise to stay away from ALL their products. Just use the search engine on any Ford or car enthusiast website (ProComp, junk) and you'll be amazed at all the horror stories.   
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:06:02 PM by machoneman »
Bob Maag