Author Topic: RacingJunk: NIB Dual Quad Intake And Carb Setup For A 1967 428 Shelby  (Read 2208 times)

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
https://bangshift.com/bangshift1320/dual-quad-intake-and-carb-setup-for-a-1967-428-shelby-mustang/

Full title:
"RacingJunk: This Dual Quad Intake And Carb Setup For A 1967 428 Shelby Mustang Has Never Been Out Of The Box!"

mike7570

must be made out of gold...

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
You say that.... and sure, it is a ton of money for you or I....
But can you honestly say that you have seen a Medium riser shelby intake, bk/bj carbs, linkage, fuel log etc NOS in the box? 
I have not, nor do I ever expect to again, so I say "Cool."

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
Definitely will need kitting along with new gaskets and borescope for spiders!  LOL   Even in the box, I am surprised that the choke arms aren't rusted and the throttle blades rusty.  I have an original Shelby 289 8V set up, and no matter how careful I have tried to be, and kept in AC, etc., the carbs have aged and the patina has become splotchy.   Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

WConley

• No longer walking funny!
    • View Profile
Definitely will need kitting along with new gaskets and borescope for spiders!  LOL   Even in the box, I am surprised that the choke arms aren't rusted and the throttle blades rusty.  I have an original Shelby 289 8V set up, and no matter how careful I have tried to be, and kept in AC, etc., the carbs have aged and the patina has become splotchy.   Joe-JDC

Everything does look suspiciously fresh, including fuel hoses.  I bet it's been gone through...
A careful study of failure will yield the ingredients for success.

mike7570

I had an original ‘67 GT500 sold the whole car in 1979 for 1/2 of what he’s asking

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
40 years ago :P

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
In 1980, I bought a 1970 Shelby GT-500 Convertible SCJ/4speed for $8500.00 to go with my 1970 Shelby GT-500 Sportsroof that I bought new.  Showed them in car shows along side my "69 Mach I race car.  Sold the Convertible to a fellow in Cincinnati OH who spent $125,000.00 restoring it to concours condition, won three gold best of class awards, and retired it from show competition.  The car was featured in Mustang Monthly after the restoration.  Times are a changing!  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

Dan859

• View Profile
In 1980, I bought a 1970 Shelby GT-500 Convertible SCJ/4speed for $8500.00
Yes, the times they are a'changing.  LOL.  In 1980 I had just joined the PD and my base salary was $10,000.  Which, for me, was a big step up in salary from my old job, and I thought I was doing great by hitting the 10K mark.

TomP

• View Profile
Early 80's a guy just a couple blocks up the street sold a red 70 GT500 convert complete , plus a separate 427 SOHC engine for $3500... for both.