Author Topic: Bulkhead AN fitting on stock fuel tank  (Read 4221 times)

Yellow Truck

• View Profile
Re: Bulkhead AN fitting on stock fuel tank
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 01:20:00 PM »
If you’re cutting the tank anyway, and doing away with the stock fitting, you should have enough room to add a second hole the same size as the sending unit. This would allow fabrication of a plate with both straight through bulkhead fittings and lines mounted to it that uses a factory gasket.
If you’re having it cleaned enough to cut holes, and it’s clean enough to weld, a ring can be welded to the top surface sufficiently thick enough to tap threads.

I thought about drilling out and re-tapping the outlet for the original fuel line (plugged in the photo I linked), but decided it wasn't really that important for my application. The advantages for a carb are lower fuel temps but vapour lock is not an issue with my rig.
1969 F100 4WD (It ain't yellow anymore)
445 with BBM heads, Prison Break stroker kit, hydrualic roller cam, T&D rockers, Street Dominator Intake with QFT SS 830.

Paul.

Russ67Scode

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 08:52:16 AM »
McRobb sells a pickup/fuel level with what ever size fittings you need. I have one with a AN-10 outlet and AN-8 return gauge was dead on !
BP 520 ci BBM Twin turbo FAST EFI

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2019, 11:20:58 AM »
McRobb sells a pickup/fuel level with what ever size fittings you need. I have one with a AN-10 outlet and AN-8 return gauge was dead on !

I don't think he makes one for 67-72 F100s, but I will ask, that would be handy
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2019, 09:24:01 AM »
FWIW, I've done it both for fuel pick up and return.  If installed correctly, no issues with a bulkhead type fitting. 

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2019, 09:54:05 AM »
Has anyone added a bulkhead fitting to a stock tank for a return?

I am considering a pass through fitting, which will allow me to run a return for EFI, however, it is an in-cab tank on my F100 so looking for something that I know will seal well on stock flat surface, standard sheet metal tank. 

Many of you guys want me to ditch the in cab tank, I hear ya... but no plan to at all, not even an option as I am trying to keep it as factory stock as possible.

This is what I did on mine.

I added a 2nd sender hole with a bulkhead fitting/ On bottom pickup I used one of the new Holley HydraMat fuel socks.
I also used bulkhead on the return.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-16-105?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-holley&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6oHn9InQ4gIVk_5kCh1qOAibEAQYAiABEgLej_D_BwE