Author Topic: FElony, or anyone’s, chance to be a hero.  (Read 2145 times)

thatdarncat

• View Profile
FElony, or anyone’s, chance to be a hero.
« on: April 11, 2019, 08:47:15 PM »
Recently Roadkill bought a ‘64 Galaxie out of the Desert Valley Auto Parts salvage yard in the Phoenix Arizona area for their latest project. Now they’re looking to buy a running FE for it. Like quickly lol. I just saw this post from Finnegan tonight. Here’s somebody’s chance to be famous, maybe get on the show.

Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

FElony

Re: FElony, or anyone’s, chance to be a hero.
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 09:40:56 PM »
1) Finnegan misspelled "Galaxie", and thus has eliminated himself from our hobby.

2) Even if you are hacks like those guys, you can't rush anything FE and have success.

3) The only engine I have that's assembled and on a cradle, is a correct-numbers '64 stock-stroke High Riser. I don't think a podunk operation like Motor Trend can afford it.

4) No way would I want my illustrious reputation tarnished by association with Favid Drieberger and Fike Minnegan, who spend more time on the side of the road than a cast concrete curb.

5) They will screw up this Gal and it will disappear down the MT Rabbit hole.

AlanCasida

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
1) Finnegan misspelled "Galaxie", and thus has eliminated himself from our hobby.

2) Even if you are hacks like those guys, you can't rush anything FE and have success.

3) The only engine I have that's assembled and on a cradle, is a correct-numbers '64 stock-stroke High Riser. I don't think a podunk operation like Motor Trend can afford it.

4) No way would I want my illustrious reputation tarnished by association with Favid Drieberger and Fike Minnegan, who spend more time on the side of the road than a cast concrete curb.

Well said.

Dryhoze1

• Fe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 12:07:35 AM »

Love it. Spot on !!
Sponsored by nobody.

FElony

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2019, 06:12:11 PM »
To clarify, I do like the bruh-bruh comraderie amongst the group, including Dulcich, Tony, and Lucky. However, they are hashing through the same basic recipe year after year, and it has become a predictable formula. Buy a junker, barely get it running, purposely overlook mechanical integrity, and break down a mile from the origin, conveniently rescued by their back-up crew, and start all over again.

I really don't have the answer. It appears as though many people are content with the show the way it is, and that's OK. Nothing personal. I haven't subscribed since they went PPV.

Gee, I wonder if somebody showed up with a nice running FE bright and early this morning. Hmm.

TimeWarpF100

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 11:36:56 AM »
I sent PM to both Finnegan and Freiburger I had 2 such engines turn key ready to go. They never responded.

They bought another 390 supposedly "rebuilt" but when installed in car there was no oil pressure! HA!

They replaced engine in a parking lost very close to my place. (15 min away)

FElony

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 08:56:47 PM »
I sent PM to both Finnegan and Freiburger I had 2 such engines turn key ready to go. They never responded.

They bought another 390 supposedly "rebuilt" but when installed in car there was no oil pressure! HA!

They replaced engine in a parking lost very close to my place. (15 min away)

Oh gee, you mean F&F went the cheap route and got screwed? I'll see your HA! and raise you another. HA HA! They should have read my #2 above, but I'm thinking they don't read this forum. Somebody email them my post and tell them to recite #5 over and over.

Now, I know they have a relationship with DVAP, which is not an inexpensive place to shop at. I would love to know how the deal went down, and how DVAP took a hit to their reputation by supplying a junk engine in the Galaxie to a show with 5 gazillion followers. You gotta figure they have another 390 or ten there.

I don't do Facebook. Any other juicy info?

happystang

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 12:22:47 AM »
Jeez, so harsh. I personally love what they do- much better than all the other shows airing on TV.