Author Topic: Dyno Results for a couple of interesting FEs...  (Read 16961 times)

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
Re: Pistons?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:38 PM »
Are the 4.255 tunnelport pistons an off the shelf item? If so who makes them?

I am in search of this piston with the same bore x stroke. Hoping I don't have to have them made!

Thanks

They are CP's.  I had the heads at 72cc.  The reverse dome (dish) design is one I use on all of my pump gas FE wedge applications.  It usually takes 3-4 weeks to get them once I order.  My "kit" in this case features Crower forged rods, RPM forged crank, and the CP pistons.  The crank and rods are not the most expensive, but are higher quality than the typical Scat rod and cast crank.  The CP pistons are the top of the food chain in my opinion.

I would like to say that I really enjoyed my visit to Jay's place, and also the week I spent with Rob Dickey on the excursion.  Both Jay and Rob are great guys and we all had a good time.  Rob's dry humor was contageous and we were all cracking jokes and jabbing each other pretty good by Sunday.  Just like in the class racing community, the racing (and in this case the engine building), become secondary to the relationships that are built with people with a common interest.  In the end, the people are much more important than the thing that brings us together.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:54:09 PM by CaptCobrajet »
Blair Patrick

BruceS

• View Profile
Re: Dyno Results for a couple of interesting FEs...
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »
Captain,
I've read about your FE achievements in Jay's intake comparo book as well as the recent write up on Rob's Tunnelport.  Could you tell us a little more about yourself, your racing accomplishments and your engine business?  I'm assuming you do customer engines?  Thanks!
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2012, 12:48:56 AM »
Captain,
I've read about your FE achievements in Jay's intake comparo book as well as the recent write up on Rob's Tunnelport.  Could you tell us a little more about yourself, your racing accomplishments and your engine business?  I'm assuming you do customer engines?  Thanks!
Bruce,  I have won some races, set a few NHRA records, and yes, we do engines for any FE application.  I have to thank Jay for posting the info on this site, but I really don't want to "blow my horn" too loud.  My grandmother used to say that actions speak louder than words, so I try not to spew too much about myself.  At some point I plan to build a marketing webpage, but we just have not done that at this point.  I would say that FE's are over 90% of what we do, maybe over 95%, so we are pretty well just an FE engine shop.  We farm out cleaning, but everything else is done in-house at this point.

Blair Patrick

BruceS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2012, 04:46:34 AM »
Blair,
Thanks for the response. Could you tell us a little more about the 64 Galaxie stock eliminator car?  How are those cars configured nowadays?  Is it a new build or has it been around a while?  What kind of performance are we talking about?  Photos would be nice!  I'm sure other forum members would be interested as well. 
66 Fairlane 500, 347-4V SB stroker, C4
63 Galaxie 500 fastback, 482 SO 4V, Cruise-O-Matic

fetorino

• Tunnelport Cobra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2012, 10:40:03 AM »
Captain,
Bruce,  I have won some races, set a few NHRA records, and yes, we do engines for any FE application.  I have to thank Jay for posting the info on this site, but I really don't want to "blow my horn" too loud.  My grandmother used to say that actions speak louder than words, so I try not to spew too much about myself.  At some point I plan to build a marketing webpage, but we just have not done that at this point.  I would say that FE's are over 90% of what we do, maybe over 95%, so we are pretty well just an FE engine shop.  We farm out cleaning, but everything else is done in-house at this point.

Mr Modesty also built these.

http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=222.0