Author Topic: Harland Sharp rocker arms  (Read 1499 times)

McGaviR

• View Profile
Harland Sharp rocker arms
« on: March 31, 2019, 07:45:55 PM »
I am looking at buying a set of Harland Sharp rocker arms to replace the failing original adjustable ford rocker arms. The engine is a 482cui, edelbrock heads, hydraulic roller cam with .600 lift. I am already using the Precision Oil Pumps heavy duty shafts and their end supports, and have already had a set of custom push rods made to suit the current setup. I am hoping that I can just replace the rocker arms and keep on using everything else. I am hoping that someone can confirm that changing the rocker arms from original to Harland Sharps will not require a change in push rod length.

Thanks in advance

fryedaddy

• View Profile
Re: Harland Sharp rocker arms
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 08:36:37 PM »
i did not have to change my pushrods on my bbm head 428.harland sharp says to have 0-2 threads showing on the bottom of the adjuster screws after adjusting.i had 1/2 thread showing.be sure to use studs instead of your stock rocker bolts,sometimes they are too long for the aftermarket rockers.this does not mean it will work for you,i have a flat tappet cam and lifters and i dont know if roller lifters are the same.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 09:09:42 PM by fryedaddy »
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 05:57:03 AM »
Same here. I have the same setup that you are looking to buy and I have 3 threads showing, again not sure about hydraulic rollers. 

Thumperbird

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 12:16:07 PM »
You'll have to shim the stands and for optimum geometry new rods are likely.