Author Topic: How Many FE Fuel Pump Rocker Arm Designs Exists?  (Read 1503 times)

chris401

How Many FE Fuel Pump Rocker Arm Designs Exists?
« on: March 12, 2019, 11:10:50 AM »
I thought all the FE's had the crook, that is what I have been running. I have a fuel/vacuum pump off a 332 FE with a straight arm like the AC 41057 I pulled from another FE. Is the crook arm based off the high volume FE pumps?

chris401

Re: How Many FE Fuel Pump Rocker Arm Designs Exists?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 09:45:55 AM »
I thought all the FE's had the crook, that is what I have been running. I have a fuel/vacuum pump off a 332 FE with a straight arm like the AC 41057 I pulled from another FE. Is the crook arm based off the high volume FE pumps?
I guess fuel pumps are a Taboo subject. I will say there are two designs and assume the crook came about with the high volume pump.

My3sonz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 03:52:15 PM »
I have 3 Carter X-  pumps. They have different arms than pumps I removed from regular passenger cars/trucks. I can dig one out and post a pic if you want

chris401

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 06:43:24 PM »
I have 3 Carter X-  pumps. They have different arms than pumps I removed from regular passenger cars/trucks. I can dig one out and post a pic if you want
That makes sense. I have a Carter pump with the crook like the left pump, I think it is a Carter stock replacement. Are your stock pumps straight like the right pump?

My3sonz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 07:44:52 PM »
The hi-po Carter pump arms have more of a bend than the regular ones. I cannot upload and post the pics of mine.(not computer savvy) I am rebuilding a 4441s X pup right now. You can email me at Gmays79@yahoo.com and I will send them over.

chris401

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 10:54:27 PM »
The hi-po Carter pump arms have more of a bend than the regular ones. I cannot upload and post the pics of mine.(not computer savvy) I am rebuilding a 4441s X pup right now. You can email me at Gmays79@yahoo.com and I will send them over.
E-mail sent.