Author Topic: T&D High Riser Ford C4AE-F Cylinder Head Rocker Arm Systems- Anybody Purchsased?  (Read 3230 times)

dozz302

• View Profile
Hello, just wondering if anyone has run the T&D setup on a set of factory ford style heads and if they are any good. The salesman at T&D I spoke to on the phone said he can offer no pictures of the system (they just expect you to plunk down $1250 for the system and hold your breath and see what comes in the mail!). Also there is no reference of the system on the web site. He gave me a part # (the wrong one at first and I had to call back) and there came up "no part can be found". I called back again and the salesman said that they sell so few of these systems that the don't even have it listed on the web site as being available. No wonder they sell so few DAAAAA.    Sorry about the long rant. Thanks

mbrunson427

• View Profile
Email or call Blair. They have a bunch of different options for stuff that I had no idea existed. Seems like they aren't very concerned about updating their catalog.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

turbohunter

• View Profile
You’re not the only one to have fun with him. ;D
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

427FeWedge

• View Profile

HvyFt4spd

• View Profile
 I'm going to guess they look a bit like these but mine are cut down MR TD's to fit Hiriser and quite a bit more expensive. Lol

dozz302

• View Profile
I clicked on your reference and I see now something. They must of just added it because of my complaining. That was not on their web site before- even the salesman said there was nothing. Thanks for letting me know. 

dozz302

• View Profile
Thanks for the pictures. Why do the end rockers say Blair Patrick when the box is T&D? http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/Smileys/default/huh.gif

HvyFt4spd

• View Profile
 These are bushed TD rockers that Blair had made up vs the standard needle bearings you find in most TD applications. At the time the Hiriser set you have found was not offered so you would buy the Mediumriser set and mill down the stands to fit Hiriser. I bought these when I bought the heads below.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 10:26:58 PM by HvyFt4spd »

cjshaker

• View Profile
Thanks for the pictures. Why do the end rockers say Blair Patrick when the box is T&D? http://fepower.net/simplemachinesforum/Smileys/default/huh.gif

Pretty sure Blair has worked with them on custom sets, specifically with offset rockers for different valve spacings that Blair uses on his ProPort heads. Since they are made for Blair, with his specs, they put his name on them for his work/business.

I'm also pretty sure that was on their site before, because I've checked them out. It's not uncommon for salesmen to not be real 'sharp' about the products offered, although that surprises me a bit about T&D. They have a great reputation among racers, and sometimes companies that have that reputation don't feel the need to advertise every single iteration of their products. Besides, the options they offer can't really be addressed with a simple this-n-that web page. They must be discussed in detail, so the person is getting exactly what they need.

This is their page with the offerings for OEM FE applications.
http://tdmach.com/product-category/rocker-arms/ford/fe-ford/o-e-m-castings-fe-ford/

If all you need is an OEM style set-up, then you could deal with them directly. If you need something custom, with offsets, I'd contact Blair. With a lack of help, and racing season just starting, I'm guessing he'll be pretty busy, so just keep that in mind.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

HvyFt4spd

• View Profile
  Doug, FWIW I contacted TD back in 2016 when I bought the heads, they could make them but did not have a listing per the site or the reply.  They did offer the race version for the Blue Thunder Hiriser but not the street stuff before for iron heads. Due to this they claimed it would be a "custom". At what point along the way these became available I'm uncertain but I received this set at FERR 2018 at around $2k fit to match. I would guess this may be in part gearing up in anticipation for the new hush hush Hiriser heads.

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
I have never bought the T&D bolt-on High Riser set.  When I started doing them here, I milled them with that turn-down so there is more material for the end supports.  At some point, someone asked them to do a "custom" set........they gave it a part number.  The set they sell is milled off flat.  It probably will work fine, but I prefer more material on the ends, so I make my own from the MR set.  I also prefer the bushings.  I also have ratios and offsets that I prefer.  They make mine in lots for me, with options not available in one-off orders.  I can sell a person any of their stuff, at the same prices they do.....but I can also sell you things they make for me that they won't normally do.......often for the same money as their regular stuff.  In the case of the High Riser, they cost more my way because I have milling time plus the cost of the Bushings.  I have discussed with them the idea of them copying my end supports and machining all of the High Riser stands during there process.  It would lower the price  for my customers and also save me the time.  I really don't make much on the modification.  I just do it to serve my customers.

To answer the question of whether anyone has run them.....all of the Stock Eliminator High Risers I work on are using them.  Seven years plus on a few that get run ALOT.  No failures ever with 500+ over the nose pressure.  The T&D stuff is VERY good.  I think 600 open is my personal limit on a system that is held by four 3/8 bolts.  Past that, I use the paired shaft, heavier duty stuff.  I also modify those for High Risers and mill the heads for those if a person wants to do that.  It requires longer valves, and some creative milling to get the geometry nice on a High Riser, but the stuff is bulletproof if done right.

Blair Patrick

fekbmax

• View Profile
  Doug, FWIW I contacted TD back in 2016 when I bought the heads, they could make them but did not have a listing per the site or the reply.  They did offer the race version for the Blue Thunder Hiriser but not the street stuff before for iron heads. Due to this they claimed it would be a "custom". At what point along the way these became available I'm uncertain but I received this set at FERR 2018 at around $2k fit to match. I would guess this may be in part gearing up in anticipation for the new hush hush Hiriser heads.

2k for T&D single shaft setup?
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

HvyFt4spd

• View Profile
 Keith,
You may want to consult Mr. Patrick for what he can do for you currently as I'm sure prices have changed since then. I however arrive at that number in this manor... we were originally talking $2500ish for the race setup but when he got to my stuff he suggested trying the babyroller cam and less spring pressure. If I did this cutting the MR street rockers to fit would be sufficient vs milling the heads for the race rocker supports and would save me $500. I wanted the race set but liked the idea of not chopping the pedistols off the original heads and went along with it. 

CaptCobrajet

• View Profile
Right......that 2K kind of number involved more than just a set of rockers......
Blair Patrick

fekbmax

• View Profile
Ok, I got ya. Machine work and I'm guessing the bushed rockers cost more than the standard needle bearing rockers.
Last I checked I could get a straight up (no offset) set of race rockers for right at 2 grand. I'm not in the market though, I'm plenty happy with my 9 point mounting erson setup for now. They will do till I get my hands on a set of the new FE power heads.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:29:02 PM by fekbmax »
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.