Author Topic: I Have An F-600, No Title Engine Or Transmission. Suggestions Other Than Scrap?  (Read 1192 times)

chris401

The wheels are tubless 9-22.5. Before those go I would like to make use of the rest of the truck. Body parts will be easy to move. I will probably cut the passenger door up for pieces. Are these frames and axles a very popular conversion for earlier trucks?

Tag ID courtesy of "FarmMotorSports" from Slick60's.

174" wheel base
 M Corinthian white, often resprayed over for fleet  vehicles
F600  no explanation needed
81A    cab trim level , standard cab?
J 5-speed M/D Clark 250 direct(m/d =medium duty) direct- no over drive
F2 2-speed rear Axel 6.33/8.81 15M duty rating
17,000 gvr
153 HP (  300 6cyl ?)
@3600 RPM
51??  district sales

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
I'd post the parts/frame, etc. for sale on the ATHS page. Best chance of finding someone who can use that stuff is probably someone from there.

Kind of a shame to part that out, it looks like it's in really good shape body wise.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Or try www.Ford-trucks.com.   There are guys looking for stuff like that to either Rat rod or such.
www.Fordification is more for the 67-72 trucks, but might be something else to look at.
Larry

chris401

When I get the transmission out I will put the rest of the truck up on Slick60's. Wouldn't be right to join a forum just to sell, I have not worked on trucks in a while so would not have a lot to contribute. All I remember was the flag hours were gravy compared to automobiles.

The door is a little wrinkled where the mirrior bolts up. The mirriors are straight, either they have been replaced or they are extreemly rigid. It looks like a standard roof 64-66 straight axle/NON-Twin-I-Beam cab. I thought of resurecting it with the parts I have but realistically it is not going to happen.