Author Topic: Australian muscle parts FE belt drive  (Read 3133 times)

fekbmax

• View Profile
Australian muscle parts FE belt drive
« on: February 05, 2019, 10:28:10 PM »
Mike has done it again, another product with outstanding workmanship and quality hardware, seals, materials, and belt. In my opinion it's better quality and beefier than the now nearly impossible to get Danny Bee setup.  Also you can get the gears and backing plate in natural, red, blue, or black finish or mix and match as I did.
Mike is much like Jay, a stand up guy, easy to deal with, quick responses with lots of communication and info about any of his products.  I'll be having him do a dry sump oil pan for me next. Sure it takes about 2 weeks once the part is shipped but in my opinion it's worth the wait and worth dealing with someone that's passionate about what they do and truly wants to help.
Thank you Mike for your quality work, and outstanding communication. 
Thank you Jay for this format to recognize products like this.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Australian muscle parts FE belt drive
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 09:35:38 AM »
+1 on Mike's belt drive, I had one on display at the PRI show and it got a lot of attention.
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 10:55:57 AM »
He should update his website, it doesn't show any stuff for FE's except for a timing chain system.
I thought about going this route for my new engine, but I don't have the guts to run one on the street.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 12:00:35 PM »
He should update his website, it doesn't show any stuff for FE's except for a timing chain system.
I thought about going this route for my new engine, but I don't have the guts to run one on the street.
Doug, If durability is your concern? Lot of European cars run
beltdriven cams. But you have to follow change interwalls
or it can cost you bigtime.
But in your case with few miles every year i guess age is
more the reason to change. With that belt that i guess is
easy to swap and relatively cheap a new belt each other year
will keep you safe

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 12:26:59 PM »

Mike does most of his advertising and communications through his Facebook page. Other wise you would need international calling on your cellphone plan.
Unfortunately I have neither the international phone plan or face book so we communicate through e mail and he will also call you any time need be.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 01:03:47 PM »
Seems lots of people are concentrating on Facebook these days. Bummer, because I don't do the social media thing anymore.

Heo, my biggest concern is a stone or some debris getting under the belt and causing it to fail. Obviously not much of a concern for strip use, like Keith will be using it, but it would be while being street driven, since there is no protection against it. If anything like that were to happen, major damage could be done when pistons and valves collide. I think the belts have proven to be reliable, as long as they are maintained and replaced at intervals, like you mentioned.

Keith, is this for your last engine build, the one you documented here? Can't wait to see the car completed and back in use.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

fekbmax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »
No, it's for a new build. Last engine build is doing fine, hope to get some more shake down passes in March.  Working on building a new wish bone and anti roll bar and also up grading my breaks. A few of the outlaw tracks I vo to are kinda sketchy in the shut down area. Lots of fun though.
Keith.  KB MAX Racing.

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 01:36:28 PM »
Seems lots of people are concentrating on Facebook these days. Bummer, because I don't do the social media thing anymore.

I'm with you Doug, Facebook is way too intrusive for me.  Tried it, didn't like it, won't go back.  I have a phone number, an email address, and a web site; that's plenty of lines of communication if you ask me...
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
Dough, Yes that's allway a risk,
A guy i did the bodywork on a Pantera for.
Bought a Lotus with mid mounted D.O.H.C engine
with open timingbelts. Don't remember the model now!
He drove it home on his truck in the winter in a snowstorm
When at home he started it backed it of his truck.
let it idle while moving the truck jump in blipped the throttle,
kaboom some built up ice fell down in the belts :o :o
He said that was the most expensive Meters he had driven ever

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it