Author Topic: Intake manifolds  (Read 3668 times)

octane.music

• View Profile
Intake manifolds
« on: January 13, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »
Hi all.

I've asked online if anyone has an Edelbrock 7105 for sale, and one chap has come back to me with this -

Is it?

All the ones I've seen online have 2 ports, not fully open as per this -

Can anyone help please? I've asked him to get more photos which are supposed to be coming tomorrow.

Thanks.

Heo

• View Profile
Re: Intake manifolds
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 04:09:10 PM »
It have had the divider milled away, i would pass on this one

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

octane.music

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 04:16:09 PM »
It have had the divider milled away, i would pass on this one

Why would someone do that, and what would make it no good?

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »
The idea is that at higher rpms the intake will flow more air w/o the divider thereby making it close(r) to a truly open plenum single plane intake. There is some merit to lowering the divider wall a tad by cutting it down. Yet, this one seems to have the entire divider removed. Not a great idea and I'd pass as well since if you wanted/needed a single plane, better to buy one.
Bob Maag

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 04:38:33 PM »
I dont know how it works with boost, i forgot you was going to
turbocharge it. But N/A in a station wagon i think you going to
loose to much bottom end

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

octane.music

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2019, 02:49:23 AM »
I dont know how it works with boost, i forgot you was going to
turbocharge it. But N/A in a station wagon i think you going to
loose to much bottom end

There is potential that I will boost in the future. Long story short I'm looking for 'better than the 88lbs cast original'. I'm not after the best of the best as I'm not hunting times, but something that's better / lighter than stock without breaking the bank.

Falcon67

• View Profile
    • Kelly's Hot Rod Page
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2019, 09:36:58 AM »
Weiand sells a drop in divider for their Xcelerator 351C intakes.  It's a two part items, part 1/2" spacer and drop in steel piece.  It could easily be adapted to that intake.  Looking, it may be out of production.  Part #9008

This one is for a spreadbore adapter, but you get the idea.  Easy enough to make one IMHO

octane.music

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2019, 10:10:27 AM »
Weiand sells a drop in divider for their Xcelerator 351C intakes.  It's a two part items, part 1/2" spacer and drop in steel piece.  It could easily be adapted to that intake.  Looking, it may be out of production.  Part #9008

This one is for a spreadbore adapter, but you get the idea.  Easy enough to make one IMHO

Yeah cool. If I go down that route I might just tig a bit of aluminium in.

Thanks.

427LX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »

Be careful with those! I had setup like that on a single plane intake and the divider was 3/16ths steel also pinned to the plenum floor. After few months of use the divider ear ripped off,sheared the pin and pieces went down a cylinder cracking the cylinder wall on a hard run!

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 01:58:13 PM »
Unless you could get that intake for next to nothing, I doubt it'd be worth the time and expense. And given the divider mods, have you seen the ports? They may have been hacked on also.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

octane.music

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 02:33:58 PM »
Unless you could get that intake for next to nothing, I doubt it'd be worth the time and expense. And given the divider mods, have you seen the ports? They may have been hacked on also.

Still awaiting more photos. It's pretty cheap TBH (£120 posted in the UK, about $160).

Joe-JDC

• Truth stands on its own merit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 03:19:05 PM »
The manifold is for sale for a reason.  That modification did not work.  Just buy a new one and be happy.  Joe-JDC
Joe-JDC '70GT-500

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 03:20:43 PM »
A divider could be welded back in pretty easy , I would try it with out first , back in the early 80's a SBC round track team used to mill the divider away on a class that required a factory cast iron intake , they swore by it

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 03:29:03 PM »
I ran a heavily modified BT intake that looked like that very successfully in the EMC contest.  That noted, the only way to know it to try it.  Easy enough to weld back in...

Tobbemek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 10:01:06 PM »
To entirely remove the divider is a good way to get distribution problems. Its a known issue among smb ford historic road racers and some have got so bad distribution problems that they scored a cylinder in there seeking for the last ones.