Author Topic: Need advice for an oil filter adapter  (Read 1154 times)

james

• View Profile
Need advice for an oil filter adapter
« on: December 30, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »
As you can see from the picture (this is a 427 motor) the holes are taped over. I need to know who sells a sort of L shaped adapter that pints towards the front of the car where the oil filter is on there horizontaly. https://i.imgur.com/EXsGqnv.jpg  I just added a better picture. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:48:22 PM by james »

thatdarncat

• View Profile
Re: Need advice for an oil filter adapter
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 03:19:11 PM »
Here is an excellent picture from one of the other members that illustrates the 3 main FE oil filter adapters. The left is the standard car adapter. The middle is the common pickup truck adapter that points the filter out to the side. The right is a 1976 model year only 4x4 pickup adapter that kind of twists the filter and some people find handy. That twisted adapter since it was one year only can be a bit tough to find, but they are out there, quite a few people saved them knowing they were unique. There were a couple other filter adapters used on 427’s not pictured, but they also pointed the filter down like the standard car mount. It’s a little hard to tell from your picture if either of the pickup adapters will work for you, if not there are a couple remote adapters made that bolt to the location on the block, then you run lines to a remote filter. I have seen some odd filter mounts from marine & industrial FE applications, although sometimes they are large & bulky. I have also seen some homemade right angle mounts that people welded up themselves.

Kevin Rolph

1967 Cougar Drag Car ( under constuction )
1966 7 litre Galaxie
1966 Country Squire 390
1966 Cyclone GT 390
1968 Torino GT 390
1972 Gran Torino wagon
1978 Lincoln Mk V

james

• View Profile
Re: Need advice for an oil filter adapter
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:53:32 PM »
Thanks for you advice and help, I really appreciate it. I contacted Barry today and I ordered exactly what I needed.