Author Topic: Fuel shooting straight up from bowl vent on BJ-BK  (Read 6091 times)

FElony

Re: Fuel shooting straight up from bowl vent on BJ-BK
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2018, 07:52:30 PM »
Cool, though I understand what you are saying. I've only worked on about 5 or 6 thousand cars in my past. I should get by.

The sign was based on you talking about a you tube channel.  Stop being so overly sensitive, it's not your style dude.
5,000 cars?  cool, you should really share some of your extensive knowledge on this site, it's what it is all about.

I tried. I started investigating "heat soak" to get an idea about momentary or cumulative damage to starters and/or other components. I was going to write a blow-by-blow troubleshooting thread on this and other starting problems. After all, this was up my alley, more or less. In my enthusiasm, I plum forgot that dougie had changed his starter, and then the thread went down the shitter, as you saw. Queries such as "what is heat soak" and "what did the Chevy guys do back then" were related to the stream of logic. There's nothing more unrewarding than being insulted right in the middle an effort.

In my 23 years on the Net, I have never apologized for flinging poop at someone. I did this time because I insulted his car. That's too low, even for me.

Years ago, in the other forum, I tried to get some interest in fitting a modern, high-power stereo and alarm into a classic car, which would have involved revamping the charging system, designing enclosures, installing power locks, etc. No one bit. I mean, after all, there are other forums for stereos. Right?

It's not that I have a fragile ego. It's that I get frustrated and annoyed easily.

67428GT500

• View Profile
Re: Fuel shooting straight up from bowl vent on BJ-BK
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2018, 09:09:15 PM »
They have Midol and Pamprin for that issue, Lony... LMAO   I am better suited for some things rather than others. Few know the entire vehicle, but tend to center their knowledge around components.  Transmissions, Engines, Differentials etc.

While some things are simply done one way, because it's the practical and and yields the intended result, I as a pilot know there are always ways to improve what I do. While we always use a check list, control and dealing with upset aircraft is a learned skill set.
Share what you can, most will take bits and portions and improve on them. 
As for hacking up a Shelby for small modern conveniences, I won't be doing it. However, no reason not to make it run like a scalded dog. I don't like the prospect of getting smoked by a ricer.
I used to to do it to a lot in the 80's with a nasty SSS 510 Datsun and a Toyota SR5 Turbo truck that was used by Garret and HKS to set up their performance modifications. I used to cruise Mel's Diner and go there on Muscle car night, but they stopped letting some of us park on the lot because they hated being smoked by VW's and Jap Crap as they called it.  They tried the vintage clause crap. My 510 was made in 1969. Shouldn't have been an issue.