Author Topic: Valve spring compression tool. Pretty cool idea, wish it had been mine!  (Read 4060 times)

shady

• View Profile
Re: Valve spring compression tool. Pretty cool idea, wish it had been mine!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
I've been using a pickle fork for 40 years.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

FElony

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 02:49:31 PM »
I've been using a pickle fork for 40 years.

What an incredible coinkydink!! I've been eating pickles with a fork for 40 years! Small world.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 03:14:19 PM »
You, know... if you & I were to get together, we could rule the world. Or at least take it in a different direction.
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

FElony

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 03:39:06 PM »
You, know... if you & I were to get together, we could rule the world. Or at least take it in a different direction.

Careful what you wish for. I don't play nicey with partners. After informing you this town ain't big enough for the two of us, I'd chainsaw you a fresh vertical smile from crotch to scalp to make sure the tribal council watching aghast gets on my wavelength in a hurry. Then I'll put the Georgia Guidestone decree on the front burner and whittle the global population down to half a billion people, Elite Class being HP car owners, all else support humans. And hot chicks. Ones that are taught to smile and never say no. Those who don't make the cut will be turned into pet food. We will need a lot of freezers. Let me give Sub-Zero a call later today.

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 04:37:44 PM »
Too messy. When I say take the world in a different direction, I mean change the rotation. When you bring the earth to a stop just before reversing it , all the non believers (and there will be many) who didn't chain there stuff down, will be jettisoned into outer space. Only difference will be the sun will rise in the west & the only people bitching will be in California. Oh wait, there won't be anybody in Cal. That whole fragile state instead of falling into the ocean will also be jettisoned.
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

ntheogen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 03:26:45 AM »
I'm so glad that so many of you supposed and so-called "muscle car types" hate on, whine, bitch, complain and are petrified of California and us in it. It really leaves much more room to enjoy the beauty here.

That valve spring compressor came from the kind of guy I'd like to learn from. Badass idea.

Jack

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 03:37:53 AM »
California is a beautiful state. The ridiculous gun control, car control and generally stupid legislation making this a significantly less enjoyable place to live with an ever-growing population of whiny, entitled lazy people is NOT so great and California is not only idiot central but is also a shiney beacon of support and mentoring for snowflakes the world over.   

Picklefork, big end wrench, or some leftover flat stock and a plasma cutter on the side of a mountain repairing a cyl head on a Detroit with whatever was laying around all work great for valve spring removal. Hardly ever get to use an actual bespoke spring compressor.

Sorry FElony, I don't eat pickles at all and I don't let me girlfriend use a fork when.....wait, are we still talking about the same thing?

fe-starliner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2018, 10:01:49 AM »
X2 RustyCrankShaft!
1960 Starliner, 406-6V, TKO-600, 4.11 9"
1961 Starliner, 427 4V, SS700 5 speed, 4.56 9"
1968 F-100 SWB, 352 4V, C6, 3.25 9"
2012 Mustang, 226" V6, 6 speed auto, 3.31 8.8"

FElony

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2018, 02:41:01 PM »
I'm so glad that so many of you supposed and so-called "muscle car types" hate on, whine, bitch, complain and are petrified of California and us in it. It really leaves much more room to enjoy the beauty here.

That valve spring compressor came from the kind of guy I'd like to learn from. Badass idea.

Jack

Not petrified at all. Disgusted. I was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley, and got the hell out in '91 because it was already turning to doodoo. Believe me, if that area was still beautiful, I'd still be there.

FElony

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2018, 02:49:23 PM »
California is a beautiful state. The ridiculous gun control, car control and generally stupid legislation making this a significantly less enjoyable place to live with an ever-growing population of whiny, entitled lazy people is NOT so great and California is not only idiot central but is also a shiney beacon of support and mentoring for snowflakes the world over.   

Picklefork, big end wrench, or some leftover flat stock and a plasma cutter on the side of a mountain repairing a cyl head on a Detroit with whatever was laying around all work great for valve spring removal. Hardly ever get to use an actual bespoke spring compressor.

Sorry FElony, I don't eat pickles at all and I don't let me girlfriend use a fork when.....wait, are we still talking about the same thing?

My big end wrench sees so little action any more that I might as well pickle it.  :'(

I was going to go on a Cali rant in response to Jack, but I see you did a good summary. Mine would have burned up Jay's max allowed data. I'd point out that many many are leaving, telling us that it is just not Elysian Fields no mo.

67428GT500

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 10:16:06 PM »
California WAS a beautiful state. I am a native. I was thankful to take the transfer to DFW. When I had to start registering pistols as "assault weapons" something was wrong. It has become the bastion of liberal stupidity and entitled people who are oblivious to reality.  I still fight them after almost being killed by a drunk illegal with two prior convictions.  I miss the beach to the mountains in less than two hours, but giving up 55% of my earnings between State and Federal taxes is ridiculous. 73% of California residents are on State and Federal Assistance. When I left, the average family of four on state and federal programs cost the taxpayer 104,000 a year in benefits. That was what I made working for the CHP 60 hours a week in 1997.  Then the idiots out there put Jerry Brown back in office, forgetting how bad he was the first time. How do you feel about illegals being given the right to vote in elections. For those of us that served this nation and real citizens, it nullifies their vote.
I am sure they'll eventually strip me of my retirement so they can fund another million illegals.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 12:07:19 AM by 67428GT500 »

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 04:43:34 AM »
California WAS a beautiful state. I am a native. I was thankful to take the transfer to DFW. When I had to start registering pistols as "assault weapons" something was wrong. It has become the bastion of liberal stupidity and entitled people who are oblivious to reality.  I still fight them after almost being killed by a drunk illegal with two prior convictions.  I miss the beach to the mountains in less than two hours, but giving up 55% of my earnings between State and Federal taxes is ridiculous. 73% of California residents are on State and Federal Assistance. When I left, the average family of four on state and federal programs cost the taxpayer 104,000 a year in benefits. That was what I made working for the CHP 60 hours a week in 1997.  Then the the idiots out there put Jerry Brown back in office, forgetting how bad he was the first time. How do you feel about illegals being given the right to vote in elections. For those of us that served this nation and real citizens, it nullifies their vote.
I am sure they'll eventually strip me of my retirement so they can fund another million illegals.

Now you can't even buy ammo in Kommifornia. You have to do an FFL transfer for ammo. The worst part is the stupidity spreads, Oregon and Washington are trying to do the same thing with ammo. Oregon has a proposed 1 box per month limit and Washington wants to do the FFL thing and ban 80% stuff and being able to buy any replacement parts.

And how exactly is making more laws to control people who don't listen to laws going to solve the problem? And what don't people get about ILLEGAL immigrants. Both sides of my family immigrated here and did so legally. On my Mom's side, her G.G. Grandmother was detained at Ellis Island for almost 2 months because she had caught the flue on the boat. Yet they were still happy to be able to come here and wanted to be Americans.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box (and start hoarding ammo and parts).....

gt350hr

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 11:32:19 AM »
Too messy. When I say take the world in a different direction, I mean change the rotation. When you bring the earth to a stop just before reversing it , all the non believers (and there will be many) who didn't chain there stuff down, will be jettisoned into outer space. Only difference will be the sun will rise in the west & the only people bitching will be in California. Oh wait, there won't be anybody in Cal. That whole fragile state instead of falling into the ocean will also be jettisoned.

California won't fall into the ocean while you and I are alive. Plus the actuality is we will probably  become "West Oregon" as THAT is the direction California is moving. Let me know how that stopping the earth's rotation thing pans out.

Yes we have our negatives , but I like the warm weather ( 75 today) , lack of tornados , ice storms , salty roads , hurricanes , many feet of snow , and all those other "fun things" the rest of the country experiences. Gun ownership IS an important right , but it doesn't stop mass murder like virtually every state has experienced in recent years. Jerry Brown was a huge black eye we will carry for years to come.( BOTH TIMES he was elected)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:53:09 AM by gt350hr »

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 01:10:57 PM »
Ok, I'll get off my soap box (and start hoarding ammo and parts).....

Been telling people to do this for years. Just keep it in dry cool storage.  I knew the IQ challenged politicians would eventually put 2 and 2 together and figure out that guns are useless without ammunition. Kommifornia is also going after reloading equipment, just to complete the dictatorship.

[      Yes we have our negatives , but I like the warm weather ( 75 today) , lack of tornados , ice storms , salty roads , hurricanes , many feet of snow , and all those other "fun things" the rest of the country experiences.

One word....earthquakes. You guys haven't had one in quite some time.
As for the "negatives", that state will be the next Detroit. It's only a matter of time at this point.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe