Author Topic: Lykins Motorsports High RPM Hydraulic Roller 390 FE, 540 hp  (Read 8479 times)

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
Re: High RPM Hydraulic Roller FE
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 05:13:45 PM »
No sir, not noisy. 

I generally don't hear any noise out of the hydraulic roller stuff unless the lobes are really aggressive and then I think it's really the valves/valvetrain that's noisy. 
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

fryedaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 01:17:18 PM »
i noticed you started out with a c6me block.somewhere years ago i read that a c6me block was one of the best factory blocks.i know you cant go by this number id ing a block.i have brought this up before just to get shot down by a few members.i cant find the article and i cant remember why it was better than other blocks. i think the article claimed thicker walls or something. it could have been bs i dont know for sure but i remember a pic of what looked like hundreds of fe blocks lined up all over the floor. have you ever heard anything about it.i think the article was talking about a 66 7 liter galaxie block
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:49:36 PM by fryedaddy »
1966 comet caliente 428 4 speed owned since 1983                                                 1973 f250 ranger xlt 360 4 speed papaw bought new

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 07:11:43 AM »
i noticed you started out with a c6me block.somewhere years ago i read that a c6me block was one of the best factory blocks.i know you cant go by this number id ing a block.i have brought this up before just to get shot down by a few members.i cant find the article and i cant remember why it was better than other blocks. i think the article claimed thicker walls or something. it could have been bs i dont know for sure but i remember a pic of what looked like hundreds of fe blocks lined up all over the floor. have you ever heard anything about it.i think the article was talking about a 66 7 liter galaxie block

I don't think there's any generalities that you can make like that about any factory blocks.   
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports