Author Topic: Amazon tach  (Read 2802 times)

Heo

• View Profile
Amazon tach
« on: December 03, 2018, 01:35:27 PM »
Bought a Bosch tach from Amazon that arrived today
Ahhh how nice to go out in the garage this stormy rainy
cold day and instal the tach and just enyoy...yea right ::)
The red pointer was impossible to move and someone
had taken a set of pliers to try to move it and dented
the knob and scratched the glass >:(
The A-holes sent me some ones reject.
Maybe they have bought a load of rejects cheap, thats why they are
marginaly cheaper than Summit
Wounder who get this when i have returned it
No more Amazon for me
Lets se if i get any refund from them, probably not
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:39:45 PM by Heo »

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

shady

• View Profile
Re: Amazon tach
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 02:37:38 PM »
I have had nothing but bad luck in buying a tach. & having it shipped. I'm 3 for 3. The movement on them is really fragile & the postal must play football with them. :(
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 03:20:32 PM »
If i was a rich man i would adjust it with a sledgehammer
so i could send it back in a envelope ;D

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

BigBlueIron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:47:30 PM »
Several years ago I need a cheap tach so I hoped on Ebay. A listing with 3 or 4 used tachs popped up, one old SunPro and old VDO Eliminator and few others I can't remember.  Because it was cheap I bought the lot thinking, well if one works it will still be worth it. That was maybe 8 years ago. The sun pro has seen weekly use since then, the VDO is in my rat rod and the others on random engines. And they have all worked fine!

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 04:14:46 PM »
I so wanna have a drink with you.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 04:51:59 PM »
Several years ago I need a cheap tach so I hoped on Ebay. A listing with 3 or 4 used tachs popped up, one old SunPro and old VDO Eliminator and few others I can't remember.  Because it was cheap I bought the lot thinking, well if one works it will still be worth it. That was maybe 8 years ago. The sun pro has seen weekly use since then, the VDO is in my rat rod and the others on random engines. And they have all worked fine!

l
Yes thats what i used to do or buy an surplus pump or generator or something like
that from the army, for lunch money often loaded with SW ,VDO or AC gauges
or an brittish car, often a full set of Smiths  Gauges and those Lucas switches
that sounds like a whiplash when you flip them :D
But silly me, thought i buy a new shiny tach in a chromed cup and just install it,
it would be so easy they said.... yeaaa right......

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 04:53:50 PM »
I so wanna have a drink with you.

;D ;D

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 07:32:37 PM »
Amazon is a lot like Ebay, if it's not from a trusted company, or a "Prime" purchase, you better do some homework and keep your fingers crossed. If it's not a Prime purchase, then you may have problems trying to return it, especially from small (no good) "business" owners. Anything listed as Prime will be an easy no hassle return. I really try to shy away from the non-Prime "good deals" on there, unless it's something basic like some flux and tinning compound that I just bought on there. Still did a lot of 'feedback' reading though, to be aware of what I was in for. The feedback section is well worth spending some time on. Sorry about your experience, Heo, I hope you get a refund.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 09:04:40 PM »
Amazon is a lot like Ebay, if it's not from a trusted company, or a "Prime" purchase, you better do some homework and keep your fingers crossed. If it's not a Prime purchase, then you may have problems trying to return it, especially from small (no good) "business" owners. Anything listed as Prime will be an easy no hassle return. I really try to shy away from the non-Prime "good deals" on there, unless it's something basic like some flux and tinning compound that I just bought on there. Still did a lot of 'feedback' reading though, to be aware of what I was in for. The feedback section is well worth spending some time on. Sorry about your experience, Heo, I hope you get a refund.

Sounds like the sledgehammer and envelope is the answer, so they dont have both my money and the tach and resell it to someone ells >:(
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 09:07:06 PM by Heo »

TripleJ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 10:22:25 PM »
Picked up used Sun Pro at a swap meet for $15. Bolted it into the Galaxie and works like a charm. If it didn't for that kind of money i'd toss it

RustyCrankshaft

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 04:30:01 AM »

I agree.

If it's sold and/or fullfilled by Amazon I've had nothing but good luck. Returns, exchanges, damaged, etc. have all been handled quickly. I ordered some cans of Krylon aerosol overhaul and the shipment got delayed. I emailed Amazon, they said they weren't sure what USPS was doing and UPS'd a replacement order right then. Another time I got a damaged package, they renewed my Prime membership for that year and sent me a replacement part. So far I've been really pleased with them.

Private sellers using the Amazon storefront is an ENTIRELY different ballgame and I've had worse luck there than I have on FleaBay. Won't buy anything from Amazon private sellers these days.