Author Topic: WTB 352/360hp Engine and/or Parts  (Read 3220 times)

mbrunson427

• View Profile
WTB 352/360hp Engine and/or Parts
« on: October 30, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »
I posted this up on the FE Facebook page, but haven't made a posting here yet....

I'm looking for a correct 1960 352/360hp engine or any parts that people may have collected. I had a few hits on the Facebook page, but none of them have really worked out. Anything you have or any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the story on the car:
Its a 1960 hipo 352 Starliner. Black/black interior. 3 speed trans w/ overdrive. Engine was pulled from the car (probably blown up) and we got it with a 63 z-code 390 engine. The car is 99.5% pulled apart and I'm trying to collect all the right stuff to get it put back together. The data plate shows a March 1st factory build date, so all the engine pieces need to be slightly prior to that.

One weird thing about the car. For some reason it did not receive the re-routed front brake line. I've talked with a few guys about this and it has been documented that some of the early hipo cars still received the brake line in the standard position. Apparently this is also one of them.

Anything you have, any leads you may have, email me: mike.brunson at usengineering dot com

I appreciate the help!
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

428kidd

• View Profile
Re: WTB 352/360hp Engine and/or Parts
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:57:39 AM »
Mike, this may help might not, but here it is. I talked with a guy the other day that says a buddy of his has a complete 60 model 352HP 360 horse engine. He said he was wanting to sale it. I do not have his friends direct number only the guy I spoke with. I can give you his number if that helps. It is my understanding it is all correct and complete and rebuilt. Not sure if there is a air cleaner with it or not , but will more than likely be the hardest part to find. I saw your post on my wife's Facebook , but I don't post , just lurk lol. If you want to PM me I will give you his contact info. By the way my 63 G code car does not have the brake line rerun to the front either. I believe some got missed on the assy line. thanks Lance.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 08:59:05 AM »
I sent you a PM. I think I've heard about this same one, but it could be different.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

My3sonz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 09:02:36 AM »
Mike, that was me who sent you the pics and Sean’s contact info. I believe the date codes were later than what you needed.

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 11:39:12 AM »
Yes sir. I'm beginning to wonder if it doesn't make sense to still snag it though. I've been having pretty tough luck finding this stuff.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

chris401

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 03:18:30 PM »
I posted this up on the FE Facebook page, but haven't made a posting here yet....

I'm looking for a correct 1960 352/360hp engine or any parts that people may have collected. I had a few hits on the Facebook page, but none of them have really worked out. Anything you have or any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Its a 1960 hipo 352 Starliner. Black/black interior. 3 speed trans w/ overdrive. Engine was pulled from the car (probably blown up) and we got it with a 63 z-code 390 engine. The car is 99.5% pulled apart and I'm trying to collect all the right stuff to get it put back together. The data plate shows a March 1st factory build date, so all the engine pieces need to be slightly prior to that.

One weird thing about the car. For some reason it did not receive the re-routed front brake line. I've talked with a few guys about this and it has been documented that some of the early hipo cars still received the brake line in the standard position. Apparently this is also one of them.

Anything you have, any leads you may have, email me: mike.brunson at usengineering dot com

I appreciate the help!
I do not have the big pulley. Would this Lincoln Bosch 50 amp generator have been a HIPO Ford option?

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »
I don't believe so. This is what the generator looks like that came off the car. If you put a standard generator side-by-side with it, the difference in pulley size is very obvious. The pulley diameter is essentially the same diameter as the body of the generator. In all other aspects, it is just exactly the same as my normal non-hipo generators.

how to take a screen shot
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 04:01:17 PM by mbrunson427 »
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

chris401

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 05:55:08 PM »
I don't believe so. This is what the generator looks like that came off the car. If you put a standard generator side-by-side with it, the difference in pulley size is very obvious. The pulley diameter is essentially the same diameter as the body of the generator. In all other aspects, it is just exactly the same as my normal non-hipo generators.

how to take a screen shot
I cored 7-8 of those out a couple of years back. All somall pulleys. Seems they were all 30 and 40 amp generators.

428kidd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 10:18:13 PM »
No pm, thanks

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 08:18:23 AM »
^^ I just sent another. Sorry about that.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

RJP

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 02:19:14 PM »

I appreciate the help!
My 360hp/352 60 Starliner with a March or April build date also does not have the re-routed brake line. I don't think that was started until May or June and it could also depend on the where the car was built, my car was built in Los Angles, Ca.     

OldMil

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 02:25:17 PM »
I have a rebuilt 352, dated around June/July 59.  Located in Wisconsin.  Let me know if interested and I'll PM my phone number.  Thanks!
Jack

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
I have a rebuilt 352, dated around June/July 59.  Located in Wisconsin.  Let me know if interested and I'll PM my phone number.  Thanks!
Jack

I PM'ed you!

Thank you everybody for the help thus far. Nothing landed yet, but have made some quality connections that will help with the build of the car.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com