Author Topic: BC Supershifter Dale P...............  (Read 5465 times)

afret

BC Supershifter Dale P...............
« on: October 14, 2018, 09:32:36 PM »
skillfully piloting his immaculate stick shift Mustang at Renegade Raceway.  It's really amazing that this car is knocking on the 9 second door powered by only a moderately built 390!

Dale P,  Thor, and Scott who has an 8 second T-bird and a 10 second Maverick. 
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:00:18 AM by afret »

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: BC Supershifter Dale P...............
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 07:50:07 AM »
Funny, I always pictured Dale and Thor as wearing Superhero capes and having the ability to avoid all media and photographers. This makes me feel like when I found out that Santa Claus wasn't real.

Seriously though, Dales Mustang and Rorys Fairmont are amazing for what they are. But what's even more amazing is that your guys' headers are not smashed flat. Do you guys run some sort of compression limiter, like an extended bump stop or something similar?
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 08:22:14 AM »
I've done business with about everybody in this thread.  I'd like to meet you all in person one day.
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 09:39:32 AM »
I've done business with about everybody in this thread.  I'd like to meet you all in person one day.

Brent, you really need to make it to the FE R&R sometime. You'll meet lots of good people that rarely even post, but still have awesome FE powered cars. If the weather is decent, you'll get hooked.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

blykins

• View Profile
    • Lykins Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 09:41:54 AM »
I may aim for that next year.   When it's just me here by myself, it's hard to get engines out when I'm not working....LOL
Brent Lykins
Lykins Motorsports
Custom FE Street, Drag Race, Road Race, and Pulling Truck Engines
Custom Roller & Flat Tappet Camshafts
www.lykinsmotorsports.com
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.customfordcams.com
502-759-1431
Instagram:  brentlykinsmotorsports
YouTube:  Lykins Motorsports

machoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 09:44:33 AM »
My thought on the headers as well!

Funny, I always pictured Dale and Thor as wearing Superhero capes and having the ability to avoid all media and photographers. This makes me feel like when I found out that Santa Claus wasn't real.

Seriously though, Dales Mustang and Rorys Fairmont are amazing for what they are. But what's even more amazing is that your guys' headers are not smashed flat. Do you guys run some sort of compression limiter, like an extended bump stop or something similar?
Bob Maag

John67427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »
Man, I wish I was closer to run with this group!!!  Dales Mustang is one of my favorites!!!

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 12:27:07 PM »
I may aim for that next year.   When it's just me here by myself, it's hard to get engines out when I'm not working....LOL
But you will be working. Have a little stand so everyone can meet & greet you. Bring a nice assembled short block so everyone can see your work. Maybe a few goodies to sell. It's a win, win. And I'm sure your family will appreciate the mini vacation.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Posi67

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 06:18:56 PM »
Thanks for the pictures Afret, (except for the ones of me lol) ) Great to finally meet you and have you help out. It would have been nice to get a few more runs in however when the Driver uses up all his good reaction times in Qualifying he usually sucks in eliminations. I was pretty happy with the numbers this weekend, Went a 10.16 at 130+ which is it's best ET in some time. MPH was off a little though likely driver error.

As for the headers, I have Hooker on Speed Dial. Extended the bump stops for the upper A-arm and have a snubber on the lower but they still get take a hit occasionally. It's the tire compressing and what we really need is a custom valved front shock. The headers flatten and scuff on the bottom but it's farther up where the most damage occurs in the bends. Bit unnerving when you get to the turnoff and can't steer because they are piled up into the steering linkage. I believe Afret's  car has REF Headers which don't hang as low.   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 06:30:11 PM by Posi67 »

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2018, 09:24:04 PM »
Dale, those are Hooker Race headers, correct? How does contacting Hooker do any good, because as far as I have found, they haven't sold them in years? Do they repair them for you? Been looking for a good set for some time, but they are all damaged so badly that they're not worth it.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

FElony

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2018, 10:39:35 PM »
Dale, those are Hooker Race headers, correct? How does contacting Hooker do any good, because as far as I have found, they haven't sold them in years? Do they repair them for you? Been looking for a good set for some time, but they are all damaged so badly that they're not worth it.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Hooker-Headers/520/6375/10002/-1

Posi67

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2018, 01:51:33 AM »
Well.. double OUCH !!!! The price has gone up a bunch in spite of the Hencho en Mexico tag. Add the exchange on the Canadian dollar I'm up to over $1850.00 plus another $400.00 to have them Ceramic coated here. No wonder my wallet puckers when I hear them hit the pavement.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2018, 06:35:05 AM »
Hmmm, I was always looking at the ceramic coated ones, so maybe that's why they always said 'not available'? Still, it says "contact Customer Service" for an order, so I still wonder if they are available. Those REF's don't look so costly now! Thanks for the link, FElony.
Doug Smith

'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

hwoods

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2018, 07:52:18 AM »
it is hard to balance your check book with your testoserone level
Previous FE Cars:   1965 Ford Galaxie 390/4spd then upgraded to 427 sideoiler
1970 Maverick 427 sideoiler.  X Pro Stock Car
Current build in progress 1964 Thunderbolt Clone

Posi67

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2018, 09:37:38 AM »
Thor got a set from Mad dog a couple years ago for his Cougar and they didn't fit. He had to modify 1 or 2 tubes on the driver side. Certainly a lot more reasonably priced though and a 2" tube would be better for my 390.