Author Topic: Engine Masters Challenge 2018  (Read 5821 times)

FElony

Re: Engine Masters Challenge 2018
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 01:17:38 PM »
Who are you kidding. When you are quiet, we know you're probably doin time. Either that or you luckily found a lot lizard. Not that there is anything wrong with that, ya understand.

The judge said I could volunteer for CIA brain experiments now, since I've been breakin' rocks in the hot sun on an Arizona chain gang for the last 25 years. HA! The joke is on them! The CIA couldn't even find my brain!

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 05:52:44 PM »
Well this is fun...
Dyno electrical issues.
After waiting and preparing all afternoon we got pushed back until tomorrow

plovett

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 05:43:13 AM »
Nicely done as usual, Barry!  You gonna put these heads in the classifieds?  I am interested in buying them.

paulie

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2018, 08:07:03 AM »
I need to do a write up on this effort - - maybe after I get some sleep....

Engine performed flawlessly, but score was down just a small amount from my home numbers.  We tried some fuel at it which had a minimal impact and just let it run since we knew it was not a contest winning package.  Probably should have tossed a couple degrees of timing at it.  I was cautious about doing so because it showed a large variance in fuel ratio from side to side with one bank looking really lean - did not know which one to believe in.  It showed no sign of detonation and likely could have taken a couple degrees more to puff up the bottom end side of the score a touch.

I mentioned the heads becoming available and two (now three) folks instantly requested info and after a couple phone conversations one of them sent money over instantly.  So they are "sold".  I am going to see how quickly I could duplicate them for the other gentleman since I did not anticipate that quick a response, but I do have several normal head assemblies to get taken care of first.  We can move this discussion off the tech board if you are interested in something similar.

I will also have some nifty pickup truck headers available pretty cheap...

plovett

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2018, 10:39:22 AM »
Well shoot.  I guess I'll have to be more aggressive next time.  I was trying to give you some time to rest after the Engine Masters.  ☺