Author Topic: Anyone use a JB intake adapter with a shaker?  (Read 1640 times)

afret

Anyone use a JB intake adapter with a shaker?
« on: September 22, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
Is there a combo of adapter and decent Cleveland intake like an Edelbrock Torker that would work with a Mustang shaker?  Anyone tried it yet? 

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
Re: Anyone use a JB intake adapter with a shaker?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2018, 09:40:41 PM »
Not that I know of, but I think a Torker or that Strip Dominator you have would work.  In fact the Strip Dominator ought to work better, because if I recall correctly there is a slant to the carb pad, so it ought to mount the carb close to the same as the stock manifold.  Put your Strip Dominator intake on the adapter and measure from the front of the intake adapter to the first bolt hole for the carb mount.  Then make the same measurement on a factory CJ intake.  If the measurements are within 1/2" or so, the shaker will fit.  It might look a little higher than stock, but I like them that way  ;D
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

afret

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2018, 10:34:52 PM »
Not that I know of, but I think a Torker or that Strip Dominator you have would work.  In fact the Strip Dominator ought to work better, because if I recall correctly there is a slant to the carb pad, so it ought to mount the carb close to the same as the stock manifold.  Put your Strip Dominator intake on the adapter and measure from the front of the intake adapter to the first bolt hole for the carb mount.  Then make the same measurement on a factory CJ intake.  If the measurements are within 1/2" or so, the shaker will fit.  It might look a little higher than stock, but I like them that way  ;D

Good idea!  I have a CJ intake handy so it should be easy to do.  Thank you!

FElony

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 02:09:45 PM »
The bigger question here is why, after my most fervently half-hearted attempts at assigning my "J-Dapt" moniker to said part, the world steadfastly refuses to be swayed. But noooo, it's always Trump this Putin that, economy this world war that. Everything except the proper subjugation to my influence in this hobby. What is wrong with you people? I am miffed. Extraordinarily so. Matter of fact, I'm going to ratchet this particular miffing from 80 proof to 101 proof to show my dissatisfaction. Gobble gobble. So there.

Damn plebes. [gulp] mmm tasty. Insubordination will not be tolerated! [gulp gulp] Uh, what was I talking about? [gobble gobble] Oh that's right. Let's talk turkey here, shall we?

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »
you are entertaining , I don't know what you are talking about , but that is not a problem .