Author Topic: FPA headers  (Read 1178 times)

afret

FPA headers
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:51:22 PM »
Has anyone split the flanges and switched to slip on "y" collectors on FPA Mustang headers?  One piece headers are a real pain to remove and install so if they can be split into two pieces I would think the job would be easier.  If I ever take the FPAs off I might give this a try.

I did this to a set of street Hooker headers years ago and it worked well.  They didn't have enough ground clearance though on a lowered car. 

manofmerc

• View Profile
Re: FPA headers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:51:24 AM »
I cant comment on cutting FPAs but Hedman does something similar to the headers they offer for shock tower cars .The front pair have a slip fit midway into the pipes .They don't slip fit into the collectors .No leakage at this connection either .I have installed a set of these on my 66 comet not that difficult .But it would have been easier if my edelbrock heads had the cj bolt pattern .If you go to the main forum I have a thread on my header installation this was back in march so it will be a few pages back. The # is 85120 If you look at these on the internet the flange isn't cut and it might be hard to see the slip fit but it is there .You cut the flange yourself . I tried a set of FPAs and while they fit perfectly bolt installation was impossible .I sent them back . Doug

afret

Re: FPA headers
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 08:57:08 PM »
I cant comment on cutting FPAs but Hedman does something similar to the headers they offer for shock tower cars .The front pair have a slip fit midway into the pipes .They don't slip fit into the collectors .No leakage at this connection either .I have installed a set of these on my 66 comet not that difficult .But it would have been easier if my edelbrock heads had the cj bolt pattern .If you go to the main forum I have a thread on my header installation this was back in march so it will be a few pages back. The # is 85120 If you look at these on the internet the flange isn't cut and it might be hard to see the slip fit but it is there .You cut the flange yourself . I tried a set of FPAs and while they fit perfectly bolt installation was impossible .I sent them back . Doug

Thanks.  I'll look for your thread.