Author Topic: Strange S-Trac  (Read 3763 times)

machoneman

• View Profile
Re: Strange S-Trac
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 11:09:25 AM »
Try a bigger diameter wheel, it will make a difference.

They offer a DL set up for $595, so that is a bit easier to swallow.  Still trying to justify it though.   I've thrown too much money around this year already for stuff and $1K is just a bit much just to make it easier to drive?

My '69 F100 is a real bear to drive with 12" rubber, 4" front runners(both bias ply), manual steering(with a small Grant steering wheel) and a spool.  Been near 30 yrs that way, but as I get older....it gets tough to want to drive it.  Takes both hands on the wheel to keep it in your lane.  Friend drove it once years back and had a real eye opener about keeping it in your lane and off the sidewalk!!!
Bob Maag

e philpott

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 11:21:25 AM »
The Detroit Tru Trac is know where near 1000.00 and I know they work good , I would blow off the Strange Idea and just get a Detroit

afret

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 12:10:26 PM »
Kind of funny how Strange has a photo of the Eaton unit with the "Made in Taiwan" clearly visible.  Probably helps to sell their own version.  LOL

https://www.strangeengineering.net/product/ford-9-35-spline-eaton-truetrack.html/

Drew Pojedinec

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »
They offer a DL set up for $595, so that is a bit easier to swallow.  Still trying to justify it though.   I've thrown too much money around this year already for stuff and $1K is just a bit much just to make it easier to drive?

15 seconds on google shows a tru trac for a Ford 9 costs $473.93 shipped free via Summit racing.  Dunno where $1000 comes from.
If I was more interested in racing I'd most likely have gotten a Detroit locker.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 02:03:12 PM »
Try a bigger diameter wheel, it will make a difference.

I took the stock wheel out before I did all the power upgrades.  Yes, a bigger wheel would help now, but I like my old Grant wood/chrome spoke wheel.

The pricing on the Strange site is $995, so that is pretty close to $1K.  Thus I'm not going to purchase from them.

Strange S-Trac Differential                                                                                 

Fits 9″ Ford With 35 Spline Axles                                                                           
Requires Aftermarket 3.250″ Bore Case

$995.00

Yes, there are cheaper options, and I may look at them.  Time will tell.  I don't want to deal with junk, thus I put the spool in it years ago.
Larry