Author Topic: Edlebrock pro flo 4 efi  (Read 1972 times)

driveamerican

• View Profile
Edlebrock pro flo 4 efi
« on: July 28, 2018, 10:59:54 AM »
Has any body used this system it is selling for 1800$ about half of what it was a couple years ago if I remember correct. Fitech and holley sniper seem to have had an effect on prices in the market. This looks like a lot for the money if you figure the intake is almost half the cost.

Joey120373

• View Profile
Re: Edlebrock pro flo 4 efi
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:33:52 AM »
Years and years ago I tuned a bit on a few of these systems, none of them were on an FE, but that doesn't really matter. The FI don't care what make or model engine its on.
I thought they were a pretty well rounded system. Back then they had a simple hand held user interface, it may have had an auto tune function that cost extra, but I already had a WB-O2 for tuning so never spent the extra money on it.
The hand held tuner was a bit clunky, as was the tuning you could do with it, but it worked. Back then i was pretty heavy into the Megasquirt system, and the MegaSquirt gave you a lot more control over the fuel and spark than the Edelbrock. With the edelbrock you could make changes to regions of the fuel and spark maps, but not pinpoint areas of the maps. This can be a blessing and a curse though, plus side is it will run pretty much out of the box, and with any reasonable street cam i think its perfectly fine. On the negative side, with a wild cam you might not be able to optimize the tune with the regional map alterations.
That was way back then.... I'm guessing that they have improved things, I see they offer a tuning app, this could, and should be far superior to the old hand held. It also looks like they include a WB-O2 sensor, so it can (and should) be able to tune itself.
For $1800 it is a pretty good deal i think.... the manifold alone costs $765. It would be a much better deal if it included the fuel pump.
Only real chink i see is that they opted to use a victor manifold, I think for 90% of the applications, a Performer RPM based manifold would have been a better choice.

*edit--
Not sure you could piece one together for cheaper..... ~$400 for the TB, $765 for the manifold, ~$260+ for the injectors, ~$150 for the fuel rails
puts you around $1600, even if you built your own controller and wiring harness your going to be well above the $1800 they are asking.
I was unaware they had lowered the price on these, glad they did.

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 10:12:23 PM »
Thanks for the reply I am just starting to play with aftermarket efi and since I plan to drive it every day my learning curve will better with a good self learning system in my opinion. I do have a project I want to get into using something lie megasquirt but I won't need it every day and I hope I can get one of my boys to help with it honestly I am more scared of the laptop than anything else you know garbage in garbage out.

Joey120373

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 10:30:40 AM »
I looked a little more into the edelbrock system.
Honestly, its going to be hard to beat.

Sure, you could DIY a whole bunch of stuff and use a megasuirt, might be able save some cash but i doubt it would be worth it in the end.

looks like the tuning "app" they offer is quite a bit more user friendly than the old handheld.

if you are new to EFI, i think this would be the best way to go.

My427stang

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 06:33:39 PM »
I like it too, and on the fence of putting one on my F100.  Comes with everything you need, and even WITH the tablet for 100 bucks more.

Injectors are smallish at 36 lbs, so it'd need more for a big stroker, but a mild one would do well
---------------------------------
Ross
Bullock's Power Service, LLC
- 70 Fastback Mustang, 489 cid FE, Victor, SEFI, Erson SFT cam, TKO-600 5 speed, 4.11 9 inch.
- 71 F100 shortbed 4x4, 461 cid FE, headers, Victor Pro-flo EFI, Comp Custom HFT cam, 3.50 9 inch

driveamerican

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 03:05:36 PM »
I am close to being done gathering parts I have committed to the pro flo 4 when I have a full pile of parts I am going to start a build thread. Information on the pro flo is kind of hard to come by the biggest complaint I have seen was the tuning for more aggressive combos but I will put about 12 thousand miles a year on it plus tow a 7500 pound travel trailer and a 22 General purpose tilt bed trailer. My goal is to use it not work on it but I figure even if I have to change the ecm to holley or some other brand it will still be a good deal and the fuel system will be in place and like I said for 1800 dollars no one else comes close as far as cost for port efi I thought I was looking at the small block chevy price.