Author Topic: He's dead, Jim...  (Read 3443 times)

jayb

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • FE Power
He's dead, Jim...
« on: May 02, 2011, 12:43:38 AM »
They finally got that SOB bin Laden.  I'm sure I'm not alone in thanking our armed forces and government agencies for relentlessly pursuing that mass murderer.  Too bad it took so long, but in the end they got him. 

Wonder how long it will take the conspiracy theorists to decide that he's not really dead?
Jay Brown
- 1969 Mach 1, Drag Week 2005 Winner NA/BB, 511" FE (10.60s @ 129); Drag Week 2007 Runner-Up PA/BB, 490" Supercharged FE (9.35 @ 151)
- 1964 Ford Galaxie, Drag Week 2009 Winner Modified NA (9.50s @ 143), 585" SOHC
- 1969 Shelby Clone, Drag Week 2015 Winner Modified NA (Average 8.98 @ 149), 585" SOHC

Cyclone03

• View Profile
Re: He's dead, Jim...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:00:46 AM »
With a wife just retired from the Air Force,and a son-in-law in Afghanistan it's a good day,but it's far from over.

BTW I just read one,it's just a ploy,post.

It's a few hours after I posted the above and 13 hours after I heard the news....
I'm trying to organize my emotion on this news...
Is just OBL enough or a start?
Who's next?
Do we have eyes on the next target?
How deep in there organization do we have to go to kill it?
These people still hate us.

I've seen the video of people dancing in the streets here in the US and I can't help but think how angry I felt when others did the same in their home lands when the towers came down...so in a way I feel,now,we are no better than them.

The first thing I thought last night was the scene in "A Few Good Men" when Col.Jesup,on the witness stand,gave his monolog on how we sleep under the blanket of security he provides,then questions how he provides it....

The fact that a single US solder administered his punishment,to his face,does give me a feeling of....YES!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:49:47 AM by Cyclone03 »
Lance H

rcodecj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:33:47 AM »
There's already a picture on the internet of him  showing him dead, which turned out to be a fake. Plus he was buried at sea. I'm sure the conspiracies have already begun.
I hope the government took a picture of his dead body. That's the only way some people will believe it but even then.... ::)
They said he was buried at sea, so no one could make a shrine, sounded like a good idea to me.
I find it odd that the Pakistan govt didn't know where he was.  ???

BarryB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 02:34:28 AM »
It was a good day indeed. So much for hiding in caves, he was living in a luxury all-inclusive. ???
I thought it was the wests decadence that he hated so??
1968 428CJ Mustang fastback