Author Topic: Auto parts stores  (Read 4841 times)

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
Re: Auto parts stores
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 08:04:38 AM »
Yup.  Plenty of people want/call Summit with dreams and have no clue.  Then the poor salesperson has to try to fill that dream without screwing it up and selling the wrong thing.  Or try to convince the person to buy the right things.  I couldn't do it.

I'm just a few minutes south of the original Tallmadge store.   I typically walk in with my part numbers, go to the cashier and have them order it.  No sense in waiting in line at the parts counter with 30 other people.  I have friends that work there, either on the phone or on the floor.
Larry

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 11:18:12 AM »
Drove past that store when i was in US last time. but after
closing time so we could not go in and buy something :(

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 01:15:04 PM »
The "original" store was on the south side of the highway, in a little strip plaza just about 1/4 mile west of the current store.  That was back in early 90's.  It grew from a garage in Akron.  I can still remember the original catalog back in the 80's.    It had a colored pencil picture of a ladies bust with "summit racing" across the front of the shirt.  Oh, the 80's..... ;D  I've looked around my boxes to see if I happen to still have it buried with old car magazine I kept.
Larry

Heo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
Mmmmm the 80s and boobs...Gratiot Auto supply :P ;D
Are they still in buisness?

The defenition of a Gentleman, is a man that can play the accordion.But dont do it

cammerfe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 04:43:47 PM »
Some years ago, I had reason to frequent a local place that was specific to older Fords. It took several trips to get what I was doing settled, and I went in there several times.

During these trips, I'd noticed that there was a FoMoCo publication in one of the display cases---one of the manuals Ford printed to go with the SOHC FE engines when they were first being sold. I'd had one long ago, but you know how things go missing.

I went back in the store and asked the counter guy where the 'Cammer Manual' had gone to. (It wasn't where I'd seen it.)

He immediately got 'in my face', stating rather belligerently that they only sold auto parts and I'd have to get a 'camera' manual somewhere else. He then went in the back to keep from talking with me any further.

I left, thought better of it, and went back in and quietly asked for the manager. We had an extended discussion. The gist was, "You can't get good help." :)

KS