Author Topic: Video posted from the 2018 FERR  (Read 3003 times)

hvywrench

• View Profile
Video posted from the 2018 FERR
« on: May 02, 2018, 06:26:22 PM »
Well.....these things get longer every year.... (the videos, not my posts....well, ok, I'm kinda verbose at times as well)
This year's video is up on YouTube and it is over 32 minutes long this time.
I did something a little different this year (since I wasn't at the track for ANY elimination runs) and posted only the time trials. I tried to get every car that took a shot
on Friday and Saturday. I would guess that most folks would rather watch the eliminations, but I wasn't at the track for any of them.
And then there were a couple of camera/battery/camera operator issues that caused me to miss a couple fast runs, sorry!
As usual, I really enjoyed the whole weekend and give a big thanks to Jody and Doug for spearheading this very cool event, and to everyone that brought a car.
I appreciate Every. Single. Car. that was there.
This particular event and a couple of the Lime Rock events are the only vacations that I actually plan for and set aside the time.
I was happy to see Barry's car launch better and put down some nice numbers, I have his 10.95 in there. (I believe that he was happy about that as well)
And Mr Fotti never fails to impress....the ONLY elimination run I have is at the end of the vid during the first round of the Cobra Jet Shootout
and I think it put a smile on his face (again).
I was pleased to finally meet Rory and Tom, Whenever Rory posts a response to a question on either forum I know I'm going to learn something with his thoughtful
posts. I'm glad that the weather cleared so they could enjoy the weekend a bit more. I mostly hung with the CT contingent but made a point of finding them to thank
them for making the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZemTawpl1g

I also tried to stay on the ET board a bit longer because the YouTube commentors crabbed about it a little on the last vid.
All in all I think it gives a pretty good sampling of the weekend, even if there isn't any 'real racing'.
And there you have it.
Bill

cjshaker

• View Profile
Re: Video posted from the 2018 FERR
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:00:12 PM »
Thank you very much for that, Bill! Your best video yet. The cars seem to be getting better and faster every year. I see Mr. Fotti was running 3 tenths quicker than his personal best 2 years ago, and looks to be knocking on the 9 second door before long, at that rate. Best 1/2 hour I've spent watching anything in quite a while.
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

hvywrench

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:09:41 PM »
Thanks Doug, I wouldn't want to jinx him, but I think Mr Fotti was hoping to crack into the 9s this time.
Have to wonder what would have happened if the weather was warm and sunny to warm the track...and no headwind.
Stay tuned for next year....

66sevets

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:10:41 PM »
Nice video! Thanks! I was hoping someone would post one. Good job!
Steve M.

TomP

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 03:28:11 PM »
That is great , I think we should all petition "the Academy" to get Bill an Oscar.
It was great to meet you and a bunch of others from here. A fine group of people and cars.

turbohunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 05:15:46 PM »
Thank you Bill.
Marc
'61 F100 292Y
'66 Mustang Injected 428
'66 Q code Country Squire wagon

mbrunson427

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 05:45:12 PM »
There's a white 63-1/2 Galaxie that has the 427 chickens on the doors, center headlights used as snorkels. Does he poke around on here? I think he may be running our old 482. ET's make sense for it to be the same motor.
Mike Brunson
BrunsonPerformance.com

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 09:03:34 PM »
thanks for the excellent video did a good job getting alot of people in there. i was there and i didnt see all
the different cars. Boy I got to do more walking around next year.

gdaddy01

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 07:18:00 PM »
thank you for your hard work , very good video .

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 09:57:49 PM »
This year was my first time at Beaver Springs FE Reunion. What a great event. I'm anxious to go back next year. Thank you for posting these videos. While working in my shop I plug my lap top into the shop stereo, turn the volume all the way up and let the FE music fill the shop.  It probably played for 2 1/2 hours today. Posting videos to youtube with a bunch of edits and adding still frames can take a lot of time. Thanks for putting these videos together. I love watching them.

Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O
58 Monterey 383 Merc-O
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
68 Colony Park 428 C-6
68 Colony Park 390 C-6
58 Parklane 430 MultiDrive
70 Cougar Eliminator 351c 4 speed
I don't feel like a hoarder.

hvywrench

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2018, 07:18:57 PM »
Hey Mark, I wish I had known what you were driving, I would have made a point to stop by.
I've been to N. Adams. When my Dad got to where he couldn't drive any more I would take him on day trips and one of those was from Greenfield over the 'hill' to North Adams. Nice trip on a nice summer day, would be a different story during a winter storm....
You aren't all that far away from me here in NW Conn, maybe a couple hours....
I may take a ride up to introduce myself and maybe see some of your cars if I ever find myself with a free Saturday at some point.
Did you bring one of the cars in your signature to the Beaver, or just come as a spectator?
This year's video was actually one of the simpler ones I've done, I just basically imported everything I shot. In other years I would go through every clip and try to select the 'best' selection of runs and try to get the best action. When the weather was nice enough for two days I ended up with a LOT of stuff to sort through.
I just decided this time to put all of the runs in. I know that some cars were shown more than others, but I wanted to get as many cars in as possible.
I'm going to try and get up your way and will give you a heads-up if I can arrange the drive up.
Bill

FirstEliminator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:02 PM »
Hi Bill,

You are welcome to stop by anytime you are in the North Adams area. My shop is Berkshire Transmissions and I am almost always there. Although I will be taking a short vacation coming up Thursday and Friday in two weeks to go to Carlisle. A couple years ago I met some guys from northwest Connecticut who were selling some 427 blocks. I was close to buying one til I was informed that it was a solid cam only block. Are you going to Carlisle?

I did not bring a car to Beaver Springs.  I rode down with a few other Connecticut guys. Shawn from Seymour, CT a couple of his friends, Jerry and Bill. It was a fun trip going down together. A car I was planning to get ready for Beaver Springs but just couldn't devote time to it is my 68 Colony Park. I did drive it down to Shawn from North Adams.

Looking through some of your other videos I liked the old crane. I'm into old equipment myself....actually an iron addict. I have a youtube channel under the name FirstEliminator if you'd like to check out some of the videos I've posted over the last 10 years.  here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKUCbREZzLH6r6c9XX4MOuA?view_as=subscriber

Mark
Mark
Berkshire Transmissions
North Adams, Massachusetts

70 Cougar XR-7 460 C-6
70 Cougar XR-7 conv 351c 4v FMX
69 Cougar SS 351w AOD
69 Cougar Sunroof Eliminator 351w FMX
69 Cougar XR-7 390 C-6
68 Monterey 390 C-6
68 Monterey conv 390 C-6
64 Montclair Marauder 390 Merc-O