Author Topic: Sunshine at the Beaver  (Read 6362 times)

CDXXVII

• View Profile
Re: Sunshine at the Beaver
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2018, 01:27:23 PM »
I missed it. Was Steve M there with the Comet? Any pictures?

shady

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 01:34:44 PM »
Well I reprimanded the wiener dog for his weather prediction. The wiener said he was only trying to please me by telling me what he thought I wanted to hear. He then reminded me that although there was some rain, the event didn't rain out, everybody had a good time and... his prediction once again was more accurate than the big weather forecasters on tv. So... I gave him a treat. I had a great time, spent a ton of money on parts and look forward to next year, Lord willing.

BTW, I did see Barry rip off a 10 sec. run. Yee Haw.
What goes fast doesn't go fast long'
What goes fast takes your money with it.
So I'm slow & broke, what went wrong?
2021 FERR cool FE Winner
2022 FERR cool FE Winner
2023 FERR cool FE Winner

Barry_R

• View Profile
    • Survival Motorsports
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2018, 02:44:54 PM »
Best weekend I have had for quite a while.  Been a challenging time for a few months, and it felt pretty damn good to return to a race track again.

Saw Steve M with the Comet.  Really nice car.  Very cool to see somebody racing with a show quality car.

Another "Steve" with a nice 64 Fairlane won the Pro FE bracket running an engine we built a couple years ago - that was cool to see.

Finally getting a "10" out of the car with the four speed was a big deal for me.  Car had been much quicker with a big cube and C6 combo.  But getting any kind of decent pass with the 433 and H pattern had been really elusive.

BattlestarGalactic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2018, 03:53:09 PM »
Steve was pitted one spot away.  I can't say I had much time to admire the car.  My fault, so much going on you can still miss a lot.
Larry

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »
For those who thought it was too far, Tom Gustafson made a few passes...came FROM SWEDEN.

A few photos:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:16:10 PM by Dumpling »

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2018, 04:18:12 PM »
That’s the car that beat me in the finals of hot FE. Good running car had no idea he came from Sweden. Nice guy

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 04:20:26 PM »
A few more...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:27:42 PM by Dumpling »

Dumpling

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 04:32:35 PM »
Parts...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:34:23 PM by Dumpling »

TomP

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 09:04:05 PM »
Glad you guys are posting pix, my internet connections haven't been good enough to load any. Still in PA, in Hershey, went to South Mountain Dragway today.

66sevets

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2018, 06:16:09 AM »
The blue Fairlane that won hot FE was Frank from Vermont, he was pitted between me and Larry. My cousin and I stayed till the end rooting for him, sorry Stangman! Frank is a very friendly talkative guy and kept us entertained during the rain outs. I got in 3 runs with my Comet but blew out a header gasket of all things which sounded like a rod banging around! Sure had a good time so many nice Ford FE's in the same spot. Talked to and met a lot of good people like Tom P, Jim W, and Faron.  Got some header bolts from Steve Mcbane  to try and get back racing but couldn't get the pipe to seal up. Just a great fun weekend! Steve M
Steve M.

Stangman

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2018, 06:24:29 AM »
Hey Tom P I was going to go to South Mountain raceway also, my boss Mike Natoli
Owns the track. Little by slowly he is cleaning it up and it hooks real good. Decided  not to go
Last minute.

cjshaker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2018, 07:28:34 AM »
Thanks for the pictures. Really kicking myself for not going now :(
Doug Smith

'69 R-code Mach 1, 427 MR, 2x4, Jerico, 4.30 Locker
'70 F-350 390
'55 Ford Customline 2dr
'37 Ford Coupe

TomP

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2018, 08:23:44 AM »
Mike is a great guy, I detected an accent that sounded Longislandish. I will spread the word and hope he gets  bunch of Division 6 cars at every race!

Coyote Stock Mustang was cool to see there, last pass he did a decent wheelie

ec164

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2018, 10:19:30 AM »
Well I had a Great Time this year myself!  It was great meeting Tom P. and Rory McNeil enjoyed the visits and was glad to see you two having a good time. Steve M. was nice talking and getting to see your bad ass Comet run too! Great visit with Jay, and to see so many people hanging at his tent of parts! Barry, Jason Vosburgh, Larry and several others I also got to talk with too, so much to do and not much time.  Doug I looked around for you Fri. and early Sat. and then figured you didn't gamble on the weather, to bad you missed it, but won't rub it in too much you already know the good time had in Beaver Springs....
Getting to visit Blair and Vernon was super as well, pictures do not do Vernons car justice, Tim Lyons has TALENT. I really look forward to seeing the other gentleman with the 65'Falcon Marco chassis, and one of Blairs bullets in it next year, and your T-Bolt is beautiful!......................Al
You're ahead in a Mercury......all the way

preaction

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2018, 11:14:53 AM »
Steve M had a best time of 8.79 this weekend and a personal best too.